Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Upstands center stand  (Read 959 times)

Offline blaks

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: MTS 950
  • Town / City: Knoxville, TN

Offline blaks

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: MTS 950
  • Town / City: Knoxville, TN
Re: Upstands center stand
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 06:09:10 PM »
I am really reluctant to purchase other than OEM stuff, but I pulled the trigger on this.

Installation was simple.  Get some locktite for the screws, even though instructions make no mention of it.

It does not interfere with the OEM side-stand, balances perfectly with only about 20 lbs of weight on the front tire.  Seems pretty solid with steel construction.

I was able to get the double spring to set with only a screwdriver,   The hardest part was getting the rubber grommet into the exhaust.  I just jammed it in with a small screwdriver.  Ill take pics if anyone wants, but it is rather unobtrusive.  I can now maintain the chain easier, and check the oil

Offline S-westerly

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: 950
  • Town / City: Gloucestershire
Re: Upstands center stand
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 09:31:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by blaks [+]
I am really reluctant to purchase other than OEM stuff, but I pulled the trigger on this.

Installation was simple.  Get some locktite for the screws, even though instructions make no mention of it.

It does not interfere with the OEM side-stand, balances perfectly with only about 20 lbs of weight on the front tire.  Seems pretty solid with steel construction.

I was able to get the double spring to set with only a screwdriver,   The hardest part was getting the rubber grommet into the exhaust.  I just jammed it in with a small screwdriver.  Ill take pics if anyone wants, but it is rather unobtrusive.  I can now maintain the chain easier, and check the oil
I've fitted one of these a year ago and it's worked well for me. Just had to treat it for minor rusting but be aware my bike lives outside most of the time.