Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Engine cutting out  (Read 409 times)

Offline Philstanton

• MTS 950 Member
  • Town / City: Fair Oak
Engine cutting out
« on: January 17, 2020, 05:37:28 PM »
Hi all, I now have my replacement 2017 Mts since my last one was stolen before Christmas, however this bike seems to have a small problem. At various revs between 5 and 9k the engine seems to cut out just for a second whilst giving it some beans. It feels more invasive than the dtc cutting in, more like a rev limiter. Bear in mind that I haven't had chance to test it with the dtc completely off yet (heavy rain stopped play) but has anyone heard or encountered something similar? I believe the 1200 had issues with exhaust valves and/or sidestand switch but does the 950 also suffer? Thanks all, its great to be back.

Offline Conman

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Town / City: Stockport
Re: Engine cutting out
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 08:31:48 AM »
I've not had or heard of any problems going over 9K with the revs. I have a feeling you can set the limiter to come on at lower revs but I'm not sure. Maybe someone did this for the running in period??  :027:
Anything more than two wheels is unnecessary.

Offline Philstanton

• MTS 950 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 01:36:54 PM »
Thanks conman. I'll check that. It seems to be happening at different revs though.

Offline YoungF

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: 950S & Old Bess
  • Town / City: North Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 10:32:56 PM »
I have experienced something similar. Suggest you check it has the correct engine map and that the exhaust valve is fully opening.

Offline Philstanton

• MTS 950 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 10:57:18 PM »
Thanks YoungF
The cutting out seems to be reduced when in sport mode (high engine) so you could be spot on with either of those solutions. Need to do more testing.