Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Heated grips  (Read 526 times)

Offline buzzardbilly

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Town / City: Gloucester
Re: Heated grips
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 09:15:43 AM »
....just to repeat a previous comment , I use the RST Paragon heated gloves  - and they do provide warmth to the front of the fingers warm . I only use the bike during the winter months for a regular ride out just to keep it in use and these gloves fit that purpose ideally . Comfy gloves, not too bulky and adequate battery life - waterproof too but I have not tested that feature (yet) . Using these gloves I have never thought that I would ever need heated grips as well

Offline Ducati et moi

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Bike: 950 S Ducati
  • Town / City: Pasadena, CA
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 02:05:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by buzzardbilly [+]
....just to repeat a previous comment , I use the RST Paragon heated gloves  - and they do provide warmth to the front of the fingers warm . I only use the bike during the winter months for a regular ride out just to keep it in use and these gloves fit that purpose ideally . Comfy gloves, not too bulky and adequate battery life - waterproof too but I have not tested that feature (yet) . Using these gloves I have never thought that I would ever need heated grips as well
Thank you for your reply Buzzardbilly. I will check them out. Cheers

Offline motorman

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950
  • Town / City: San Antonio
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 04:49:52 PM »
The heated grips replace the throttle housing with a new one, hence the 300$ cost.  It looks like they are charging you for 2-2 1/2 hours of labor.  If you really want the grips, I would schedule it with the break-in service as the bike will already be apart.  That may save you money. 
I have the heated grips and love them.  When its cold this is the only bike I ride.  You do have to hold the grip to keep fingers warm, but it definitely works.  I also have a desert sled, and I installed the bark busters with their complete covers.  It helps but its definitely not a heated grip.  I'm a bit of a baby about cold hands though.  I've bought about 6 pairs of gloves (non-heated) for the DS and NONE of them kept me warm enough for an all day ride.  Heated gloves are a must for me if the grips are not heated on rides longer than 1 hr.  Buzz's option sounds great.  I have a pair of RST track glove and can attest they are fantastic, premium quality!