Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: False neutrals  (Read 7839 times)

Offline motorman

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950
  • Town / City: San Antonio
Re: False neutrals
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2019, 04:49:19 PM »
I read somewhere a certified ducati tech posted that there is a LONGER gear throw in the higher gears. 

He stated to adjust the shifter a little more down to make it easier for your foot to throw the gear up. 

I tried this with much improvement, but Not totally eliminate the issue on CLUTCHLESS shifts.  No problems ever on clutched shifts now.   My biggest concern is whether or not the shift forks have been bent or misaligned.  There is a whole posting on this issue in the 939 engine on 939 supersport.  Some very technical gents.

Cheers :305:

Offline Stingray_950S

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Bike: MST 950S Touring
  • Town / City: Larbert
Re: False neutrals
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2019, 09:59:26 AM »
Well according to Ducati Glasgow, it's been a case of "operator error" with there being a longer throw between 4th, 5th & 6th however they adjusted the lever at first service yesterday and I've not had any problems since. They mentioned chain was a bit slack which definitely wouldn't help and they changed oil  (Motul  300V fully synthetic) so all of the above seems to have worked! 👍Here's hoping anyway...