Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Suspension  (Read 3238 times)

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
  • Town / City: Cheshunt / Herts
Suspension
« on: August 02, 2017, 11:27:18 AM »
As most of you have found out that the front folks are very soft when braking, so I put on 3 clicks on the left hand fork and still don't feel this is right
So next week I have booked the bike in to have my suspension sorted out professionally by a guy in Great Dunmow, hope to notice the difference and I think a good price at 50 will keep you posted.

Offline Moto45

• MTS 950 Member
  • Town / City: Asheville, NC
Re: Suspension
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 01:50:13 PM »
I agree that 3 clicks didn't quite do the job.  So... after 4 clicks on the left and 2 on the right, (rebound), I have no complaints. In fact, I haven't even thought about it again until now. Preload is still at stock setting.

Online neilb

• MTS 950 Master
  • Bike: MTS 950 Red
  • Town / City: Billericay, Essex
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 08:38:47 AM »
Have to say that I don't have much of an issue with the suspension. I did adjust the compression to 3 clicks back from maximum, if I remember correctly. Yes, the front can be prone to diving if you pull the front brake sharply but I tend to use engine braking, anticipating what is happening ahead. My biggest issue is the poor rear brake which I use most of the time below about 20 mph. Maybe different make of pads would sort it. It's something I'm going to have to look in to.

I'll be very interested to hear of the result of your Gt. Dunmow visit, nozzle. 50 doesn't seem much in the big scheme of things. Who is this guy? I had my Pan sorted by MCT up at Stowmarket some two years ago and it cost a second mortgage! But was it worth it, totally transformed the bike.

Offline Moto45

• MTS 950 Member
  • Town / City: Asheville, NC
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 01:44:45 PM »
+1 on the useless rear brake neilb. I come from a dirt/dual sport background and had a hard time adjusting to a reliance on the front lever. I know it also engages the rear brake a certain percentage, I'd guess about 20%, but still wish the rear brake by itself was more efficient. Probably my only real gripe about the bike.

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 02:21:17 PM »
Their you go Neil it is on the same estate as the triumph dealer , http://www.raceengineering.co.uk/

Online neilb

• MTS 950 Master
  • Bike: MTS 950 Red
  • Town / City: Billericay, Essex
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 04:47:42 PM »
Thanks for the info, mate. Be very interested to hear the results.

Offline pmxbmega

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: MTS950
  • Town / City: Lisbon
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 06:46:30 PM »
Hi guys
from the stock positions, I have 3 clicks higher in compression, 1 click higher on rebound, and half turn higher in preload, it suits me well, doesn't dive so much as in stock mode, but still have that filling for all around terrain, I don't want a stiff bike, if so I would chose a sport bike  :038:

the rear, I'm a 74 Kg guy with all the gear must be at +/- 78 Kg, so I give 15 clicks higher (from 0 softer to 15 clicks higher) and rebound is 2 clicks out from the higher position, I try all the rebound but I cant see no difference, this suspension is clearly not a top one, that you can see the differences from a softer rebound to a higher rebound behavior. (like you see in a sport or a Enduro bike), but i can say that it does the job done.

regards   
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 07:04:50 PM by pmxbmega »
... live to ride, ride to live :):):)
... ride to live, live to ride ;););)
... just fucking ride :P

Offline 1811SAR

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: Multistrada 950
  • Town / City: NOVA
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 02:06:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by thenozzle [+]
I have booked the bike in to have my suspension sorted out professionally by a guy in Great Dunmow.
@thenozzle  What was the outcome of your professional sorting?
Cheers mate,
G

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 02:22:49 PM »
Let see if I can remember what the factory setting felt like as it been over a year since I had my setting done  :008:
Yes it is more responsive and does not wallow or dive when braking also turn into corners much nicer and holds the line well  :305:

Offline Dodger68

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: multistrada 950
  • Town / City: Peterborough
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 07:36:14 PM »
Hi All
Today I had a trip to Braintree to see the boys at FTR suspension. I have had the same issues as most with a poor set up. Notably diving on the brakes then extending too much when opening the throttle coming out of corners, a harsh feeling from the front at moderate speeds (50mph ish) and a boingy back end !
The guys have set the front and back up to work together . I know what they have done but won't reveal it as I am sure you will all agree they need to make a living as we all do. It appears that the standard suspension is not half bad the only suggestion is to space the rear spring slightly or fit a heavier one to pick the back end up ever so slightly .It appears that on standard settings it drags its rear end .
The ride home was awesome the bike still dives at the front but not as much and not as quickly ,it doesn't spring back as quickly either just more controlled . The rear feels more supple too.The whole bike seems to ride much flatter so a series of bends can be tackled with much smoother lines not so much of a wrestling match .
They have really transformed the bike ,as you can tell I am severely chuffed .All for the princely sum of 54 .I would thoroughly recommend a trip over there you will not be disappointed !
cheers