Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 tyres - thoughts?  (Read 12079 times)

Offline Mayank

• MTS 950 Member
Re: Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 tyres - thoughts?
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 04:37:24 PM »
The stock tyres are brilliant .. give excellent performance both on dry and wet roads.. even  on wet roads at 140kmph the bike is really stable largely due to the tyres..
And I bet they can easily last 20k kms if not more..

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 God
  • Bike: MTS & Speed Twin
  • Town / City: Berkshire
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 06:20:12 PM »
Well I thrashed my Multi around the Silverstone circuit on an extremely wet day  :087: and can confirm the stock tyres provided superb grip and feel considering the horrendous conditions.

I was in the novice group as I've never done a track day before, but let me tell you this.... 6 (unfortunate) riders came a cropper and slid of the track that day and the red flags came out  :005:.. I wasn't one of them and kept it shiny side up - so the stock tyres must be pretty good  :028:
Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

Offline pmxbmega

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950
  • Town / City: Lisbon
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 12:13:06 AM »
All ready on track, in wet conditions.... :110: :110: balls of stell  :037:
... live to ride, ride to live :):):)
... ride to live, live to ride ;););)
... just f##king ride :P

Offline Dieter

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Town / City: Karabar
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 07:49:57 AM »
I agree that the OEM tyre grips quite well but with 9500kms mine rear is quite square and has been from early on, I look for twisty roads and haven't done any motorway or straight road riding, it's almost down to the wear indicators. Therefore I'm looking for a replacement very soon and want something more road oriented as well (I have a set of wire wheels for knobbies when I decide to do some more 'adventurous' riding).
Has anybody tried something different, thought the Angel GTs might be a good choice although I've never tried them before.

Offline pmxbmega

• MTS 950 Pro
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 12:28:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dieter [+]
I agree that the OEM tyre grips quite well but with 9500kms mine rear is quite square and has been from early on, I look for twisty roads and haven't done any motorway or straight road riding, it's almost down to the wear indicators.

the trail tires are typically a more square tire because of the offroad conditioning, the tire has to be square to have more surface in contact on a "offroad road"  to have the necessary grip to run in a gravel/dirt road.

that is why they are square comparing  to a road only tire. ;)

dont know if pirelli angel has the 19" measure but if it is go for it is a good tire

the big trailers that don't trail are using pilot power 4 or dunlop smart road 3 because they have the 19" wheel on their measures, so see what the market has to offer read some reviews and go for it  :018: :018: :018: :152: :152:

the trail that I do I can do it with road tires only  :001: :001: :001:

regards
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:36:10 PM by pmxbmega »

Offline Murf46

• MTS 950 God
  • Town / City: newcastle upon tyne
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 01:26:30 PM »
Excellent tyres would have fitted again
Red or dead

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
  • Town / City: Cheshunt / Herts
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 01:31:29 PM »
Yep great tyre the Scorpions , but Avon Spirit St is worth a look

Offline pmxbmega

• MTS 950 Pro
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 02:31:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dieter [+]
I agree that the OEM tyre grips quite well but with 9500kms mine rear is quite square and has been from early on, I look for twisty roads and haven't done any motorway or straight road riding, it's almost down to the wear indicators.

I was thinking 9500kms already in the wear indicator  :156: :156:, I have 8000kms and still very far from the wear indicator man, and I pull hard on the throttle, most of the time I ride alone, therefore this will help keeping the low ware. are you a heavy weight guy and ride always with your heavy weight lady  :016: :016: ???

if not you have to be a drag racer  :152: :037:

Offline Darsey

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: Multi 950 white
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 08:40:40 AM »
yea I was looking at mine and they is a lot of tread left yet at 6500kms. I reckon they are not yet half worn.
"ye must be born again"

Offline Dieter

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Town / City: Karabar
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 06:35:40 AM »
Most of my kms are with camping gear attached, ie full panniers and top box (but no pillion) so the range I've gotten with the Scorpions isn't really an issue, it's more how much they have worn in the centre, as I've said I'm a bit of a corner hound so it's unusual (on other bikes and tyres) for the centre to wear so much. I've even been in the situation of having the sides wear out before the centre of the back tyre (and the fronts always wear out on the sides before the centre).
I've done a bit of research and will pick something other than the Scorpions, was just hoping somebody else had some experience. I'll post up what I pick and how they go.