Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Headlight beam adjustment  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Redzob

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Bike: White 950
  • Town / City: Guernsey
Headlight beam adjustment
« on: October 29, 2017, 07:44:12 PM »
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has done this - The clocks have just gone back in the UK, so I took my new 950 out in the dark for the first time tonight, only to find that both the high and low beams are set way too high.  I've looked through the owners manual and it looks simple enough to adjust, until I attempt to access the adjustment screws on the bike - couldn't get to them!  Anyone know if I need to remove fairing parts first etc?  Very frustrating and instructions are poor.
Thanks in advance.
regards
Tim

Offline Dave G

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950
  • Town / City: Nantwich
Re: Headlight beam adjustment
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 08:01:56 PM »
Hi Redzob.
I had mine adjusted by my dealer following my trip to Spain in June.
I left the house for the 1st time in the dark and all I got was everyone flashing me. Including abroad so was very frustrating. I never knew they were so high. I've never tried adjusting myself. They are still high but not as bad.
My dealer tried to talk their way out of it saying because it's such a tall bike then it's normal to look bright. I disagree with that comment.
I'll be interested to see any advice you receive.

Offline jeepstertim

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: Red 950
  • Town / City: Marnhull
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 10:34:10 PM »
I'm finding I'm getting flashed as well.  I'll be fitting the spotlights shortly so I'll see if I can reach the adjustment.

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 Master
  • Bike: MTS & Speed Twin
  • Town / City: Berkshire
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 05:13:35 PM »
For info I have spots fitted and never had a single car flash me whilst riding in the dark, so I've been lucky and the headlight height must have been perfect, straight out of the crate.
Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight