Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Touring 2018  (Read 4802 times)

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 Master
  • Bike: MTS & Thruxton R
  • Town / City: Berkshire
Touring 2018
« on: January 19, 2018, 09:05:15 AM »
Whilst its mostly cold and yucky outside  :190:, it's that dreamy time of the year to start considering and planning tours for when the sun greats us all again and warms up the tarmac for some more biking fun in 2018.  :305:

So following on from 'The Nozzles' post from last year - lets start a new thread for Touring plans for this year.

Where are you going, when are you going,  how long you going for, how many are you going with, what bike will you be using, will this is be your first time and can you share any travel tips?
Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

Offline Darsey

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: Multi 950 white
Re: Touring 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 10:11:57 AM »
I am for France in September with car, caravan, wife and two dogs, but I am thinking of buying a Honda grom to throw into the back of the caravan so I can have some biking days as well. My mate and I area also planning on going to Italy in July on the mlt 950 and he on a hyperstrada
"ye must be born again"

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
  • Town / City: Cheshunt / Herts
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 02:38:50 PM »
I'm off to France and Germany in early July, We are going as a group of 6 riders and heading for the Black Forest and the B 500.
We are going for 6 days really looking forward to this tour.
Also touring Norfolk at the end of April with an overnight night stay in Cromer for a nice crab meal moving on the next day to Great Yarmouth,Lowestoft then home

Offline Lemotard

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: MTS 950 white
  • Town / City: Eindhoven
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 03:49:16 PM »
I have plans for the Dolomites in late June with some retired friends and Slovenia/Austria in early September with another group called MTCE ( http://mtce.proboards.com/ ).

Next to that day trips with a local group ( http://www.mcveteranen.nl ) and some 2-3 day trips into the Ardennes, Eifel, Sauerland.
"Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"
"When in doubt, slow down. No one has ever hit something too slow"
"Dress for the crash, live for the ride"
"It doesn't matter what you ride, only that you ride"

Offline tozes

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: Solex
  • Town / City: Prague
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 09:35:59 PM »
Alps in early June, 6 days, just me and the mrs on the MTS. First time on a longer trip for us as the previous bike being a supermoto would split our asses in half after 20km :008:
Still finishing up the details but the goal is to ride the Grossglockner high alpine road, the Stelvio pass and ofc enjoy everything in between. Really looking forward.

Btw, this topic made me wonder that it would be cool to have a section in the forum to post about our trips. Could be a good source of ideas where to go for others and a good place to share tips related to the location. Or just good fun to see what others are up to.

Offline Dave G

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950
  • Town / City: Nantwich
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 09:53:31 PM »
Hi everyone. This year I'm booked on a long weekend to go to Assen for the Moto GP from 28th June. Boring for some but is my passion and best to be there than sat at home watching it.

Start thursday and home on Tuesday
I do a Europe trip each year. This time I'm going through the tunnel via France, Belgium into Holland to get there and then the night ferry on the Sunday night back to the UK. 
I will travel around holland on friday usually the coastal route over the flood barriers. I always take different routes to experience new roads and never any motorways. On my own this time and a great way to chill out and forget work 😀

Offline Murf46

• MTS 950 God
  • Town / City: newcastle upon tyne
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 09:31:29 AM »
June for our European adventure Ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam  frankfurt to  Salzburg in  Austria. Staying three nights taking in the Grossglockner /Eagle's nest. The return leg via Prague /Colditz 10 nights with 4 mates can't wait
Red or dead

Offline Murf46

• MTS 950 God
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 09:36:17 AM »
As a side note any one who has Facebook should join a group called UK bikers in Europe.
It has a wealth of information on routes,accomadation etc
Red or dead

Offline Kim1980

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: Multistrada 950
  • Town / City: Swifterbant
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 01:50:46 PM »

With 6 friends we will go through Germany, Austria to the Dolomites Italy. And stay there for 10 days.
A trip on the bucketlist finally coming true. :046: :305:

Offline Murf46

• MTS 950 God
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 01:55:32 PM »
We are adventurous lot
Red or dead