Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Heed crash bars  (Read 18107 times)

Offline Pegasus

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: 950 Touring
  • Town / City: Cotswolds
Re: Heed crash bars
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2020, 09:32:29 PM »
Tidy job Funkster. Got mine on too last weekend. Really happy with them. Found the instructions basic, but the advice and torque settings on this thread has settled the nerves. And a load of loctite.

Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

Offline Kibo

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Bike: 950S
  • Town / City: Sanremo
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2020, 10:48:29 AM »
Anyone know if these will fit 2019 950S?

Offline Funkster

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: Multi 950 2018
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2020, 11:36:46 AM »
Get in touch with heed as I would expect that they would make some if they dont.

Offline Funkster

• MTS 950 Member
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2020, 08:23:39 PM »
I now want to get radiator guards but there is very little space between the Heed bar that goes across the radiator. Anyone fitted them with the Heed bars? Is there enough room?

Offline bmw_al

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950 - Red
  • Town / City: Crowborough
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2020, 10:20:26 PM »
Evotech guards will fit fine - I too have little space with the SW Motec crash bar running close in front of the rad (3 - 4 mmm or so)  Have a look at the pictures of my bike on the relevant thread....

Offline Funkster

• MTS 950 Member
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2020, 11:02:53 PM »
Thanks for that, seen your pics. Looks good. Hopefully I can loosen the bars to fit the rad guards.

Offline bmw_al

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950 - Red
  • Town / City: Crowborough
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2020, 08:26:35 AM »
Yes good point - I had to loosen my main crash bar mounting  bolts each side but nothing more. Not sure of I mentioned that in my fitting post....

Offline Pegasus

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: 950 Touring
  • Town / City: Cotswolds
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2020, 04:22:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Viobas [+]

None of you guys have scratches on the mudguard coming from the bars?

So in my frustration of my back seat driver taking me over the magic roundabout in Swindon (look it up) I gave it a little welly then some traffic lights went red (as they always do when you get near them). So I gave it about 90% front brake. Any more and I'm sure the rear wheel would have come up and I would have ejected my misses. After being thoroughly impressed by the braking power of the Brembos, I decided to have a little look at the front guard. And as you mentioned, I can see a tiny little contact spot where it cleared the dust. Not marked anything, but can see what you mean Viobas. But you must be very hard on the brakes to do this. As I'm still more than satisfied with the bars, I shall place a little bit of felt on the bars where it may contact which will sort the issue out.
Got the new Hepco handle bar protectors so, playing with the idea of taking off the tarmac and onto a little more technical routes.  :005: but that might wait for a little more protection to arrive.

Curious to know has anyone taken theirs off the tarmac and down some gnarly trails??
Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight