Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Where have you been on your Multi today?  (Read 60672 times)

Online ajy1w

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950 / HDFXR
  • Town / City: Maplewood
Re: Where have you been on your Multi today?
« Reply #580 on: September 17, 2019, 02:25:55 AM »
Day two  Pont D arch to La Garde- Guerin > Hotel  L'auberge Rgordane - La Garde-Gurin, absolutley worth the stay, great meal perfect one night destination in the middle of no where.  Our real riding starts here and we meet up with another couple friends from Germany, and yes they are GS1200.  What else.  This place is surreal only 11 people make up the village and hotel, which sits on the flat hill top along the gorge.  Good meal Great night stay. 
Now we have an awesome route to get to the next night stay in  Naussac,  Hotel la Bastie d'Urf, what a treasure again in the middle of no where, top a hill, $90/$60 a night with very modern luxury room and the restaurant was excellent, and the pool perfect if you can.   
Included some very fast roads, very small roads, and some very scary turn sections on the very small and narrow roads. 
Exciting ride with great scenery. 
The landscape pic are just walking outside the Hotel  L'auberge Rgordane, 
 Also included Foret Domaniale Des Gorges Du Tarn (excellent worth the ride)
Next day we will make Soueich for  our base in Pyrenees riding. 

Life behind bars enjoy the ride

Offline ducati_al

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950 - Red
  • Town / City: Crowborough
« Reply #581 on: September 17, 2019, 09:42:26 AM »
Wow looks amazing - thanks for sharing!  Now where did I put my notebook with the list of "must do" trips.....

Online ajy1w

• MTS 950 Pro
« Reply #582 on: September 17, 2019, 03:11:30 PM »
In the Pyrenees we stayed at Val's >  now this one you should all take notes  Valerie owns a house with 2 Gites, each with three bedrooms sleeping for more then 6 persons, full bath, and living room fireplace and full kitchen, dishwasher and everything you need to stay including a small pool and barbecue.  Her wifi is week but works.   Her place is located in an excellent position to do day trips or overnights all through the Pyrenees, out to Spain, the Atlantic, and much of the best riding.  She is an excellent rider and when available will be happy to show you the roads > If you can catch or keep up with her.   She has in depth knowledge of the routes through out the region and can advise for all routes.  Gite Flor Pirenenca Soueich, shes on Airbb or ask and I can pass her phone.  She charges $85 per night thats for up to 6 persons three bedrooms in the Gite. This is a great place for 2 up to 6 persons.  Depending on season, cant beat her pricing  Warm and wonderful Valerie.   
The roads around this area, are excellent offering every kind of ridding, and no real police presence. 
So you can drive it like you stole it.   AND WE DID. 
House pictures of Vals place.  Dont want to bore you with photos, just enough you can judge for your self. 
We did over 60 Col passes, and in and out of Spain, out to the Atlantic. We had horses, cows, goats, eagles, and Lamas (Col Tuormalet) on the routes,
If anyone needs route details > ask we have the routes. 
My friend from Germany has been doing France for 20 years he claims it the best over all riding in Europe.
Ride France.   We use Via Michelin App when in France it has worked the best you will need internet to run it, we carried a wifi box which worked good when our cell service was not available, the app lost no time switching back and forth it stayed connected.   I like being able to zoom out easily to look at the entire route when we need to make a change while riding.  I was able to do it while driving and never lost the screen.  Works fantastic for this feature. 
Anyone in the USA who wants info on doing some of these European trips with real costs please feel free to contact me. 
You will not regret doing French Alps, Corsica, Sardinia, Pyrenees, All can been done on budget with excellent accommodations at great value if you have the routes, hotels and knowledge. 

« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 03:29:24 PM by ajy1w »

Offline Julian

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950S
  • Town / City: Bucharest
« Reply #583 on: September 17, 2019, 04:32:30 PM »
The views....!!!no comment.

Offline YoungF

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: 950S & Old Bess
  • Town / City: North Yorkshire
« Reply #584 on: September 17, 2019, 06:11:40 PM »
Great write up ajy1w, that looks awesome.

Offline Tiree

• MTS 950 Member
  • Town / City: Newark
« Reply #585 on: September 21, 2019, 09:59:03 AM »
Had a great ride from Nottingham through the back roads of mid wales to Pembroke coast , camped overnight and back via Brecon Beacons and Malvern hills . 550 miles on everything from fast sweeping A roads to forest tracks. Bike did it all with ease ... But hope saddle gets easier with time , still a bit hard for 8 hour days.

Most pics will not uploads ad says its too big ( iPhone?)

https://cdn.img.multistrada950.com/45418A2D-F6DC-4742-9F01-428B8F0D70E58cb6a6a8aa016ed2.jpg

Offline ZiggyCol

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950 (Red)
  • Town / City: Harrogate
« Reply #586 on: September 21, 2019, 07:39:23 PM »
200 mile round trip today with mates through the North Yorkshire Dales and Cumbria up the fabulous A686 to the once famous Hartside caf (now burned down). Returned via Barnard Castle. Smashing weather, scenery and roads. Bike was brill as usual if a little warm when held up.
Life is not a rehearsal . . .

Online ajy1w

• MTS 950 Pro
« Reply #587 on: October 01, 2019, 02:28:37 AM »
Delaware Water gap PA, national forest road.   9 hour day with my friend Joe and his 750GS.   Nice ride within two hours from home.  Some light offroad  :062: :305:

Offline Pegasus

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: 950 Touring
  • Town / City: Cotswolds
« Reply #588 on: October 11, 2019, 11:04:01 AM »
After a long day in the office, i needed a little ride to clear the head a little. It's no alpine road but for the Cotswolds, it's a fun windy route. From Bibury to Chipping Norton, the roads are good quality, epic scenery and plenty of winding corners. Coming back in the dark though, i felt the standard lights need an upgrade. When I get the engine bars, i think the AUX lights will be a must.

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/cotswolds-discovery-route/

Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

Offline Julian

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950S
  • Town / City: Bucharest
« Reply #589 on: October 11, 2019, 01:32:54 PM »
Nice photo Pegasus! :002: