Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Where have you been on your Multi today?  (Read 57544 times)

Julian and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Julian

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950S
  • Town / City: Bucharest
Re: Where have you been on your Multi today?
« Reply #530 on: August 23, 2019, 01:46:58 PM »
In the last few months I have not been too active here (the summer it's not that long so I ride as much as I can) , so I will post some pictures.
In June I took a tour from Bucharest to Budapest - Bratislava - Vienna - Graz - Zagreb - Belgrade and back. So much amazing roards and the bike was perfect, 100% perfect for me and my girlfriend. I had a little accident in Vienna, not a big thing. Now I am waiting for the parts to arrive, the dealer told me that I have to wait a bit more in this period.

Sorry for the amount of pictures, it's extremly hard to choose from thousands....
I have also for you guys two clips, one random day and one when I was camping and tried a little offroad. It's not much, I don't have editing skills...or offroading :))))

Offline ducati_al

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950 - Red
  • Town / City: Crowborough
« Reply #531 on: August 23, 2019, 01:59:35 PM »
Wow what great pictures...and videos! Looks like you had a great time.....cheers Julian

Offline neilb

• MTS 950 Master
  • Bike: MTS 950 Red
  • Town / City: Billericay, Essex
« Reply #532 on: August 23, 2019, 02:45:10 PM »
What an excellent set of pics. Its so good to see the journeys of others. Looks like you had a great time on the road.....and at the restaurants!

Online Julian

• MTS 950 Pro
« Reply #533 on: August 23, 2019, 07:56:28 PM »
Thank you! I had many trip and many planned, I am sure I am not the only.
In 2-3 weeks Kefalonia comming:) keep you posted!

Offline Dave G

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950
  • Town / City: Nantwich
« Reply #534 on: August 24, 2019, 07:45:42 PM »
I wish I could be that good to edit videos and photos. Great pictures and videos of your trip.
I still can't work out how to attached photos on this web site 😣

Offline ducati_al

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950 - Red
  • Town / City: Crowborough
« Reply #535 on: August 25, 2019, 04:58:00 PM »
DaveG - All forum photos are from the "Photos Gallery" (link above).  First you upload photos there, then you can copy the link beneath each picture and paste it into your posts.  This will then show the relevant photo as part of your post. Click on "Photos Gallery" above, and follow the instructions - it's easy enough to do.  You may need to register separately from the forum first, but other than that , it works well.  Good luck! :038:

Offline Mutleycrew

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: STriple & 950S
  • Town / City: Bath Spa
« Reply #536 on: August 27, 2019, 10:15:55 PM »
Julian. Does the Transcindrel form part of the TransAlpine highway? I've ridden the Transalpine to Sibiu a few years back on a 1200GS.  I enjoyed it better than riding the Transfag coming back - well it was in cloud and had snowed the night before. Would love to do it again.

Online Julian

• MTS 950 Pro
« Reply #537 on: August 28, 2019, 09:32:48 AM »
Yes Mutleycrew, you are right. If you look on Gmaps Transcindrel is road 106N that connects Transalpina to Sibiu on the gravel, but it is not very well known. I was camping for 4 days and saw many foreigns there and on that area, Gs's, Africa Twin, Vstrom....
For the past 4-5 years Transfagarasan has become extremly crowded in the high season, but it is still one of the best road in the world for bikers.

Offline Mutleycrew

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: STriple & 950S
  • Town / City: Bath Spa
« Reply #538 on: August 28, 2019, 02:45:11 PM »
Ah I though I recognised it. Not being great off road and on a rented GS with squared off road tyres I kept to the main roads although some of them were gravel. The TransAlpine was great with roads like a billiard table on the South side of the mountains but not so good to the North [might be better now]. My mate Tom on his battered Yamaha 600 XT were the only bikes on the Transfag as it was closing for the winter the day after we got over. It was surreal - snow and fog on the north side of the Carpathians then through the tunnel on the top into bright sunshine. It's the only time I've been through a tunnel with fog in it !  Transylvania has so much to offer for touring .. beyond Dracula! The fortified Saxon churches are worth the trip alone and I found the people really friendly and helpful. Your photos made me think I must do it on the Mutley.

Online Julian

• MTS 950 Pro
« Reply #539 on: August 28, 2019, 02:55:59 PM »
Unfortunately the North side of the Transalpina it's the same, worst. I ride on these two roads 3-4 times every year. Last year with the other bike, Monster 600 and now with MTS. Even on the worst side I enjoy so much the road, two times in one month. One time, on the rain, 5 degrees and fog, from a group of 8 bikes I was the only that cross the mountain. It as so much fun with the MTS...in the morning 30 degrees and on the top 5:)))
On Transfagarasan I got the same weather as you many times...