Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New tyres  (Read 20639 times)

Online thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
  • Town / City: Cheshunt / Herts
Re: New tyres
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 12:40:54 PM »
When the time comes to change Conman I will be putting on the roadtec 01, I have done a lot of research on YouTube and in the Ride magazine last month they came out on top of their reviews.

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 God
  • Bike: MTS & Speed Twin
  • Town / City: Berkshire
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 08:42:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by thenozzle [+]
Too be fair they are ok, but I think I can do better. When I had my Tiger 800 they came with Scorpion trail 1 and they where rubbish change them after 50 miles to PR 4 which was a great tyre. They now make PR5 but not in 950 Sizes so it's will be the roadtec 01.

Just interested to know how many miles have you now done on your original rubber Nozzle? Are they wearing evenly or started to square off on the rear?

In fact would be good to know what mileage everyone has got out from their original Scorpions?

I have 7000 miles, but it's just beginning to square off on the rear. I may get a quote from my local tyre fitter for the Roadtec01.
Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

Online thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 08:52:30 PM »
Wassers I have done 5000 mile and they are not showing any sign of wear yet .

The roadtec 01 are not a cheap tyre expect to pay about 320 fitted for the pair.

Offline Dave G

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950
  • Town / City: Nantwich
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 08:53:19 PM »
I'm on 5400 and just showing signs of squaring.
I've just come back from a South Wales trip and I have no issues with original Scorpion Trail 2.
Mileage was 347 over Saturday and today

Offline Conman

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Town / City: Stockport
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 09:10:19 AM »
When the time comes to change Conman I will be putting on the roadtec 01, I have done a lot of research on YouTube and in the Ride magazine last month they came out on top of their reviews.
Interesting choice. Coming from a BMW GS I'm thinking the bike is an adventure bike so should have a duel sport tyre (or adventure bike tyre if you like). In Metzeler terms that would mean a Tourance. I guess if you think of the bike as more an upright sports tourer then your choice of tyre would sway to the Roadtec or in Michelin terms the Road Pilot. That's got me thinking...  :084:

At approaching 10,000 miles the rear on mine is getting pretty squared off. I usually do a swap when the front is worn and struggling. At the moment it's not too bad but I'm off the Ireland in June so I'll probably have them changed for then.
Anything more than two wheels is unnecessary.

Online thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 09:42:22 AM »
Conman you won't be able to get a Michelin pilot road type for the 950 as they don't make our sizes.
But you are right about the choice for adventure tyre the Tourance, so how many times have I been off road with the bike none.
That's why I will go for the Roadtec 01 as I only use the bike for sports touring.

Offline briantheb

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: M/S 950 Touring
  • Town / City: Stirling
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 11:30:03 AM »
Changed my OE tyres at approx 5800.  I was very happy with the way they performed on this bike and in all conditions so replaced them with a new pair of Sorpion Trail 2s
Full of enthusiasm - in all the wrong places

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 God
  • Bike: MTS & Speed Twin
  • Town / City: Berkshire
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 04:46:13 PM »
Wassers I have done 5000 mile and they are not showing any sign of wear yet .

The roadtec 01 are not a cheap tyre expect to pay about 320 fitted for the pair.

Nozzle - got a quote from my local bike fitter and was quoted 301 for Pirelli Scorpion 2 Trail, and 351 for the Metzeler roadtec 01s, so a 50 premium over the oem's. I'm a bit undecided, but may try the roadtecs.
Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

Online thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 06:00:21 PM »
Wassers I'm definitely going for the Roadtec 01,are  you sure you can't get a better deal on the roadtec seem a bit steep to me.

Offline Murf46

• MTS 950 God
  • Town / City: newcastle upon tyne
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 08:02:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Conman [+]
Interesting choice. Coming from a BMW GS I'm thinking the bike is an adventure bike so should have a duel sport tyre (or adventure bike tyre if you like). In Metzeler terms that would mean a Tourance. I guess if you think of the bike as more an upright sports tourer then your choice of tyre would sway to the Roadtec or in Michelin terms the Road Pilot. That's got me thinking...  :084:

At approaching 10,000 miles the rear on mine is getting pretty squared off. I usually do a swap when the front is worn and struggling. At the moment it's not too bad but I'm off the Ireland in June so I'll probably have them changed for then.

10k that's fantastic my last bike yamaha tracer the rear tyre was fecked after just 5k

Red or dead