Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New tyres  (Read 20638 times)

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 God
  • Bike: MTS & Speed Twin
  • Town / City: Berkshire
Re: New tyres
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2019, 03:16:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by briantheb [+]
Have ordered a pr today 260 + 15 fitting to wheels -30 fitting if I take to bike in.
My PST2s have been great tyres but the current front has around 10k miles and needs replacing.  I buy the pair but have the rear fitted as and when required.  Its a good arrangement and I look forward to trying the Roadtec 01 👍🏻

Good decision Briantheb.

Will be interested to hear your feedback too once they have been fitted.

Think you'll be impressed.

Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

Offline briantheb

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: M/S 950 Touring
  • Town / City: Stirling
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2019, 02:38:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wassers [+]
Good decision Briantheb.

Will be interested to hear your feedback too once they have been fitted.

Think you'll be impressed.

First 100+ miles done in poor conditions on interesting roads and seem ok
Always thought the ST2s handle the wet very well and have no reason to think the 01s wont do the same, started to push it  on the way back and felt surefooted.
Out at the weekend with a bunch of IAM observers so will get a better idea of the front then 👍🏻

Full of enthusiasm - in all the wrong places

Offline pmxbmega

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950
  • Town / City: Lisbon
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2019, 12:38:55 PM »
Hi Guys

My Pilot Road 5 at the front is going to make 15000km and probably going to do more 2000km in Hard Driving, they have more ware on the sides because, me and my friends all ways avoid highways. the grip is fantastic, never has grip problems with them, the Rear Pilot Road 5 only has 8000km so is still very soon total about millage, but judging with the front tire I believe that is going to more the same wich is very good, it grips fabulously. I'm definitely going to continue buy this tire.  :152: :152:

good leaning angles  :002: 
... live to ride, ride to live :):):)
... ride to live, live to ride ;););)
... just f##king ride :P

Offline neilb

• MTS 950 Master
  • Bike: MTS 950 Red
  • Town / City: Billericay, Essex
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2019, 03:32:03 PM »
New tyres for me today, a replacement pair of Roadtec 01s. Ive been totally impressed with these tyres both in performance and longevity. The rear had done some 9300 miles ( it would easily have got to 10000 but it was hassle-free to have them done as a pair) and the front had covered a whopping 17000 miles and had barely 1 mm tread in the centre. Its been said before, but these really are excellent tyres and suit the MTS950 perfectly.

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 God
  • Bike: MTS & Speed Twin
  • Town / City: Berkshire
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2019, 04:39:51 PM »
I'm with you on that Neil.  :028:

Roadtec 01s are my go to choice of tyre. I've used them on my Mutley and a Triumph Thruxton R in the past.

I recently persuaded a chap at work to put them on his Triumph Tiger 800. He was delighted and said they totally transformed his bike.

Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

Offline YoungF

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: 950S
  • Town / City: North Yorkshire
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2019, 01:13:51 PM »
Based on the recommendations on here I've Just had a pair of Roadtec 01's fitted and after scrubbing them in on a wide variety of roads around the North Yorks Moors yesterday I am very impressed. I liked the Scorpions but these seem to have loads more grip even though it was only 12degC and road conditions were changeable to say the least. If they only last half as long as neilb's I'll still be delighted. Thanks to all who posted.