Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New non current MTS 950 pre-purchase questions  (Read 8245 times)

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
  • Town / City: Cheshunt / Herts
Re: New non current MTS 950 pre-purchase questions
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2019, 08:44:31 AM »
Sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad Numbercruncher.
But I believe life is to short and if that is something you want go get the new multistrada  as you don't know what is around the corner  :305:

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 Master
  • Bike: MTS & Speed Twin
  • Town / City: Berkshire
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2019, 09:29:59 AM »
Thenozzle.... +1 on your wise words mate  :169:

Numbercruncher..... I say just go for it!
Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

Offline briantheb

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: M/S 950 Touring
  • Town / City: Stirling
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2019, 10:42:53 AM »
Same sentiments as previously expressed,
If youve had good rest ride in relative comfort and know youll get to enjoy the bike then I guess the decision is already made - go on you know you want to 😉
Buy, ride, enjoy.
With all things in life apply the metaphor
If you dont go you cant come back
Full of enthusiasm - in all the wrong places

Online J Kevin

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: 2017 Multistrada
  • Town / City: Foresthill Ca
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2019, 02:06:11 AM »
Neil, I have the 2017 950. It is the easiest bike I have ever ridden. It almost rides itself. It needs very little steering input. Just look were you want to go and it followed your eyes. The one thing that gripes me is there is not a shop manual available.  I am looking at a Honda CTX700 DTC. the push button or automatic shifting sounds great. I have that on a Can Am Spyder and I love it (the shifting not the Spyder). I also gave up on off road riding. Its not as munch fun at 76 as it was 40 years ago.  Good Luck

Offline ajy1w

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950 / HDFXR
  • Town / City: Maplewood
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2019, 02:48:35 AM »
Numbercruncher,
After reading the thread to catch up. 
Sounds like you have talked yourself out of it.
Shame it's been my Italian girlfriend since the first ride.   And she likes to be ridden.  :192: and spanked.
It's an awesome bike.  The one bike I have owned that feels like an addiction. Long day in the saddle,  easy.   
Enough said.   

The one and only complaint I have is my bike heats up enough to be beyond noticeable, slightly 
Annoying.   But I don't hear that from the Euro side of the forum.   Today 85f ☀  and took a quick ride to kill an hour.  On slow roads under 60 mph it's hot.   But I also drive it very aggressively.

:450: inspiring to hear everyones ages.   59, thought I was the old fecker with the Ducati. 
Still practicing my wheelies. 😂
Life behind bars enjoy the ride

Offline ajy1w

• MTS 950 Pro
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2019, 02:55:59 AM »
An if you buy 2019 you get to pass over the absolute worst of it.   NO FECKING SELF CANCELING TURN SIGNALS.   
My HD is 20 years old and has selfcanceling.   :084: :087: :156: :157: :232:

Offline Numbercruncher

• MTS 950 Member
  • Town / City: Spokane,wa
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2019, 05:15:38 AM »
No, no no . . . when it comes to having talked myself out of it.

I am in a real catch 22 as I have the ability to simply pay for the bike and it won't affect me financially but at the same time my arthritic old-man-hands make riding any bike painful.  But since tomorrow will be worse than today it makes sense to just buy it and enjoy the hell out of it while I still can.  Whether it is next year or in five years I won't be able to ride without constant pain and I know I won't regret having owned this bike.  Yes a V-storm 1000 has a lighter clutch but I can buy that bike in five years if needed.

As soon as the weather gets good again I will basically go into my local dealer and buy the bike.  Red or white . . . I'll have them start both bikes and see if one sounds better.  Not exhaust sound mind you but if one engine is less noisy for some reason.  If they sound about the same I'll flip a coin.

NC

*Originally Posted by ajy1w [+]
Numbercruncher,
After reading the thread to catch up. 
Sounds like you have talked yourself out of it.
Shame it's been my Italian girlfriend since the first ride.   And she likes to be ridden.  :192: and spanked.
It's an awesome bike.  The one bike I have owned that feels like an addiction. Long day in the saddle,  easy.   
Enough said.   

The one and only complaint I have is my bike heats up enough to be beyond noticeable, slightly 
Annoying.   But I don't hear that from the Euro side of the forum.   Today 85f ☀  and took a quick ride to kill an hour.  On slow roads under 60 mph it's hot.   But I also drive it very aggressively.

:450: inspiring to hear everyones ages.   59, thought I was the old fecker with the Ducati. 
Still practicing my wheelies. 😂

Offline Numbercruncher

• MTS 950 Member
  • Town / City: Spokane,wa
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2019, 05:17:23 AM »
The S model with LED lights is very appealing but my local shop doesn't have one and I suspect that bike will set me back at least $4,000 more than a discounted 2017.  And the color TFT on that bike is not in the league of a BMW 1200 which is a sight to behold.  The basic black/white LCD on the 2017 I am looking at is beautiful in it's own functional way.

NC

*Originally Posted by ajy1w [+]
An if you buy 2019 you get to pass over the absolute worst of it.   NO FECKING SELF CANCELING TURN SIGNALS.   
My HD is 20 years old and has selfcanceling.   :084: :087: :156: :157: :232:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 05:19:02 AM by Numbercruncher »

Offline ajy1w

• MTS 950 Pro
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2019, 01:00:11 PM »
Life is short,  Marriage is long.
MTS 950 ownership will greatly improve these statistics.   :305: :305:  :305: 💀

Offline motorman

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950
  • Town / City: San Antonio
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2019, 05:30:42 PM »
I bought a left over 2017 and love that bike.  4500 mi in 2 mo.  all pleasure riding, as I don't commute.  I recently add the LED fog lights and heated grips.  I'm thinking of selling my other bikes bc I love this one so much.  For vibration you could add the grip puppies.