Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Concern over fuel tank recall  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Numbercruncher

• MTS 950 Member
  • Town / City: Spokane,wa
Concern over fuel tank recall
« on: February 26, 2018, 04:12:34 AM »
I hope to purchase a new unsold 2016 MTS 950 and am concerned about the fuel tank recall.  Do you know if it is for all bikes in all countries or only specific countries.  I know the BMW F800GS had issues with fuel tanks cracking but that was on US spec bikes only.  If you replaced the fuel line that exited the tank with an ordinary hose you could bypass the valves that was causing this problem.  In other words it was an easy fix.

Assuming the tank issue is something valve related can it be addressed by me?  If the dealer changes the tank out, will that be a permanent fix?  I would really like to know this because I may be fortunate enough to buy the bike and take it to Europe on a tour.  I DONT want to have this be a problem when I am thousands of miles from home.

Thanks.

NC

Offline BabyD

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: Multi 950
  • Town / City: Buckinghamshire
Re: Concern over fuel tank recall
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 07:45:09 AM »
It cant be a 2016 model as the 950 wasnt released until 2017
If I had a second brain cell it would be so lonely......

Offline buzzardbilly

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Town / City: Gloucester
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 09:19:23 AM »
Never heard of a fuel tank recall - only the minor ones for the hose and the chain guard (or it was something like that)

Numbercruncher , the MTS is a super ride and is a pleasure to own . There have been a few people with gripes on the forum but I think that is usual with forums. Generally I think most people really enjoy their 950

I actually find the  headlights  (with fog lights) very good . Lack of cruise control certainly is an oversight on the part of Ducati but one can overcome this with one of the cheap handlebar throttle stops (Jonny Rocker etc) - not ideal but relatively effective

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
  • Town / City: Cheshunt / Herts
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 12:59:41 PM »
Buzzardbilly their was a recall on the fuel tanks that most of us had done in the earlier models, I did put a link in the forums under recalls

Offline buzzardbilly

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Town / City: Gloucester
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 02:30:52 PM »
thanks the nozzle - I don't remember that one  - I must have purchased the bike after that one had been sorted

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
  • Town / City: Cheshunt / Herts
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 02:38:40 PM »
I would phone your dealer up and ask them if your bike was not affected by it, they will check it by the Vin number

Offline briantheb

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: M/S 950 Touring
  • Town / City: Stirling
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 07:02:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by thenozzle [+]
Buzzardbilly their was a recall on the fuel tanks that most of us had done in the earlier models, I did put a link in the forums under recalls

I believed my bike was one of the earliest on UK roads 03.03.17 and the tank work had already been done. So I cant imagine that there is any outstanding issues of that sort.
Ducati are evidently very good at recalls and improving parts as dealers will readily tell you as they have trouble with parts stock control.
Full of enthusiasm - in all the wrong places

Offline Dave G

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950
  • Town / City: Nantwich
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 09:32:04 PM »
I was told my tank was changed before i collected the bike on 18th March 2017.

Ducati sent me the recall about the radiator hose and when I took it in to have it replaced / upgraded they automactically did the chain adjuster bolt recall. (I never knew about that)

Top service by Ducati 👍😎

Offline Numbercruncher

• MTS 950 Member
  • Town / City: Spokane,wa
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 04:31:40 AM »
I am also considering a new 1200 and those are MY 2016 but yes you are correct the 950 is a 2017. 

NC

*Originally Posted by BabyD [+]
It cant be a 2016 model as the 950 wasnt released until 2017