Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !


Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Anyone mount Givi Dolomite Side Cases?  (Read 944 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Numbercruncher

  • MTS 950 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 27
  • Town / City: Spokane,wa
  • Country: us
Anyone mount Givi Dolomite Side Cases?
« on: February 28, 2018, 04:44:03 PM »
It appears most accessories available for the Mulitstrada specifically state the 1200 as opposed to the 950.  I don't want to chance spending close to $1,000 on side cases and mounting brackets and find out they don't fit the 950 for some reason.

Obviously the Ducati branded side cases will work fine but if I add a Givi Dolomiti top case I may prefer to add their side cases as well.  That gets into the hassle of which side case mounts to use and most of the big online websites only list parts for the 1200.  Even the GUIVIUSA website states that the PLR7406CAM Outback Sideframes only mount to the "S" model.  The 950 does not come in an S model . . .

So if anyone here has mounted the Dolomiti cases to the 950 please let me know which parts you ordered.

NC

Offline tozes

  • MTS 950 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 169
  • Bike: Solex
  • Town / City: Prague
  • Country: pt
Re: Anyone mount Givi Dolomite Side Cases?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 09:21:09 PM »
As far as I know Givi doesn't make carriers for the 950. I bought SW-Motech ones for mine and they sell adaptors for several brands of paniers, including Givi. There's some photos here: https://www.multistrada950.com/forum/index.php/topic,225.msg2605.html#msg2605

I like the quick release system, it takes seconds to remove them from the bike so it doesn't mess up the looks when I don't have paniers on. And a caveat is that they cant be combined with the Ducati top case because they screw into the same holes under the seat so you have to go aftermarket as well if you want to have a top case together with these


Online Numbercruncher

  • MTS 950 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 27
  • Town / City: Spokane,wa
  • Country: us
Re: Anyone mount Givi Dolomite Side Cases?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 11:20:06 PM »
Thank you.

I may go with the Ducati side cases just to avoid too much hassle.

Givi makes the DUcati branded top case so maybe they just sell the bracket and I can buy that and mount the Dolomite top case.  The Ducati one is really tall like all of them are and I prefer the low profile look of the Dolomite.

NC

Offline tozes

  • MTS 950 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 169
  • Bike: Solex
  • Town / City: Prague
  • Country: pt
Re: Anyone mount Givi Dolomite Side Cases?
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 08:48:49 AM »
NP, and btw, SW-Motech also has a top case solution that can fit Givi boxes, here's a good thread on that: https://www.multistrada950.com/forum/index.php/topic,83.msg326.html#msg326

SW-Motech should start paying me for promoting their stuff :008:

Offline Conman

  • MTS 950 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 398
  • Town / City: Stockport
  • Country: gb
Re: Anyone mount Givi Dolomite Side Cases?
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 08:54:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by tozes [+]
NP, and btw, SW-Motech also has a top case solution that can fit Givi boxes, here's a good thread on that: https://www.multistrada950.com/forum/index.php/topic,83.msg326.html#msg326

SW-Motech should start paying me for promoting their stuff :008:

OK to balance things out here's a link to the Givi Ducati page (the direct link to the MTS950 didn't work but tab down a bit and it's there  :027:  in glorious white  :062:)
https://www.givi.co.uk/my-motorcycle#DUCATI 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 08:59:14 AM by Conman »
If I knew what I was doing I would probably stop doing it.

Offline Fisgardkid

  • MTS 950 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 43
  • Bike: Red MTS 950
  • Town / City: Stockport
  • Country: gb
Re: Anyone mount Givi Dolomite Side Cases?
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 12:55:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Numbercruncher [+]
Thank you.

I may go with the Ducati side cases just to avoid too much hassle.

Givi makes the DUcati branded top case so maybe they just sell the bracket and I can buy that and mount the Dolomite top case.  The Ducati one is really tall like all of them are and I prefer the low profile look of the Dolomite.

NC
When I bought my bike (used) it was a Touring model, so came with the Ducati panniers and main stand. As part of the deal I had them fit the Ducati rear rack so I could fit my own 47 litre Givi Monokey top case. No adapters are needed as the Ducati case clips straight onto the rear rack. So your dealer should be able to sell you just the rear rack as a standalone item.  Hope this helps. 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 12:58:18 PM by Fisgardkid »

Online Numbercruncher

  • MTS 950 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 27
  • Town / City: Spokane,wa
  • Country: us
Re: Anyone mount Givi Dolomite Side Cases?
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 04:52:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Fisgardkid [+]
When I bought my bike (used) it was a Touring model, so came with the Ducati panniers and main stand. As part of the deal I had them fit the Ducati rear rack so I could fit my own 47 litre Givi Monokey top case. No adapters are needed as the Ducati case clips straight onto the rear rack. So your dealer should be able to sell you just the rear rack as a standalone item.  Hope this helps.

I will push for this so I can add the Dolomite Top case and will likely stick with the Ducati side cases.  They appear to mount sturdy enough.

NC

Offline Fisgardkid

  • MTS 950 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 43
  • Bike: Red MTS 950
  • Town / City: Stockport
  • Country: gb
Re: Anyone mount Givi Dolomite Side Cases?
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 05:07:15 PM »
You're welcome!