Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Have you placed an order and what colour did you choose?  (Read 4984 times)

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 Master
  • Bike: MTS & Thruxton R
  • Town / City: Berkshire
Have you placed an order and what colour did you choose?
« on: January 29, 2017, 12:03:12 PM »
Hi all. Think this will be an interesting thread to confirm when any MTS 950 orders have been placed, and what colour you chose (Red or White). Who will be first?
Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

Offline Gavick

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Bike: Tiger 1050
  • Town / City: Hamden
Re: Have you placed an order and what colour did you choose?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 11:27:23 AM »
Have not ridden the bike yet or placed an order but I really like the red. Very Italian! It would match my Ferrari (I wish!).  :008:

Offline D8ona

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: Ducatis Triumphs
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 06:23:02 PM »
I was on the red... easy choice Ducati = red!!! but the I remembered at WDW last year 50% of the bikes appeared to be red Multis... thinking how do you find your own bike.... so changed to white. Plus got a red MS1100 evo so best of both worlds :001:

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 Master
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 07:08:39 PM »
I've done the deed and yesterday placed my  order for a White one. Only added one option which was a centrestand (for easier chain maintenance). Dealer told me so far colour choices have been approx 75% red and 25% white. Expecting delivery in March. Can't wait.

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
  • Town / City: Cheshunt / Herts
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 07:25:41 PM »
Wasser ,What did you think of the ride,
I had a test ride on Friday morning and enjoyed the handling of the bike , ive almost done a deal just a bit of haggling on price,
 I also own a Tiger XRX but Im wondering if im going to miss the cruise control and self cancel indicators ,I support a small price to pay and will get use to it
Martin

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 Master
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 09:38:43 PM »
Hi thenozzle. I really enjoyed my test ride. I liked the deemed quality of the bike, the looks, the noise and the sense of occasion when compared to my Tiger. The handling was superb. I found myself easily tackling corners with gusto. I tried both Touring and Sport modes, couldn't really tell much difference between them, but didn't have any issues with the power available despite the engine being new and only having 26 miles on the clock before I was let loose on it. The ride comfort was superb too. I reckon you could do some serious miles on this bike without any problems. Like you I'm a little disappointed to not have cruise and self cancelling indicators, but can cope without. I couldn't get any discount off the bike, but did get a good discount on a Ducati Textile jacket. I couldn't resist and placed my order straight after the test ride.

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 Master
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 08:18:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by thenozzle [+]
Wasser ,What did you think of the ride,
I had a test ride on Friday morning and enjoyed the handling of the bike , ive almost done a deal just a bit of haggling on price,
 I also own a Tiger XRX but Im wondering if im going to miss the cruise control and self cancel indicators ,I support a small price to pay and will get use to it
Martin

Hi thenozzle.  Have you succumbed yet, or still playing it cool and squeezing that dealer on price?

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
  • Town / City: Cheshunt / Herts
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 09:31:43 PM »
Hi Wassers
Yes I have done the dirty deed, I ordered the red one and the touring pack also managed to get the radiator cover as well.
I part ex my tiger 800 with them as it does save trying to sell it online and the hassle of people coming round and trying to knock me down on price.
He hopes to have it by march 1st but who knows how quick ducati can release them . Also had a bit of fun picking  my number plate.
martin

Offline Multistrada 950

• Forum Help and Support
  • MTS 950 Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 10:11:54 PM »
Congrats on the new bike !  :028:

Roll on March   :152:

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 Master
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 07:18:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by thenozzle [+]
Hi Wassers
Yes I have done the dirty deed, I ordered the red one and the touring pack also managed to get the radiator cover as well.
I part ex my tiger 800 with them as it does save trying to sell it online and the hassle of people coming round and trying to knock me down on price.
He hopes to have it by march 1st but who knows how quick ducati can release them . Also had a bit of fun picking  my number plate.
martin

Great stuff thenozzle. Congrats. So the race is on. I wonder who will be first to collect their bike? I wasn't asked about number plates when I placed my oder, but think I should nudge my dealer about that. My dealer told me about extended warranty which I'm considering, but it has to be paid when I collect the bike apparently. Did you consider this too?