Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cruise Control  (Read 1135 times)

Offline resovoir

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Town / City: Near Portsmouth
Cruise Control
« on: April 15, 2018, 08:03:43 AM »
Hi new to the board, I have read it many times so thought I should join.
The biggest let down for me on the bike is the lack of cruise control. So I did some investigating and found a company
MCCruise.com.  They have produced an electronic cruise control for the KTM Adventure 1090  that fits in with the wiring loom and have produced a relevant manual regarding installation. The company seem quite helpful. Appears on the surface to just find the right wires an the 950 to splice and join into. The company is in Australia so they need a bike from someone in Australia to be able to produce an installation manual subject of course to suitability of product to machine.
Has anyone else know of this company?

Online buzzardbilly

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Town / City: Gloucester
Re: Cruise Control
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 09:03:28 AM »
Resovoir, I agree , a good cruise control mod would be a nice addition. I contacted TuneBoy in Oz a couple of months ago as they do an aftermarket cruise for some Ducati models but they said they had no intentions of producing one for the 950 at this time

Online neilb

• MTS 950 Master
  • Bike: MTS 950 Red
  • Town / City: Billericay, Essex
Re: Cruise Control
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 05:35:22 PM »
I fitted a McCruise to my Pan European 1300 some 3 1/2 years ago. It cost me about 600 through their UK supplier. Took me quite a few days to install but there is an awful lot of tupperware to come off a Pan before you get to the nitty-gritty. Once I had the necessary access, the unit, loom and throttle controller was easy to fit; all plug and play. The fitting manual is huge, every step detailed and lots of pics. Its a quality piece of kit and works seamlessly. It was a big omission on Hondas part not to have fitted cruise control from the start on a bike built to cover huge distances.

Sadly, the Pan is being used less and less nowadays since the arrival of the Ducati, which is such a competent all rounder and weighs about 100 kg less.