Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How long should you wait for ducati accessories ?  (Read 4010 times)

Offline Simoncelli58

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: MTS950
  • Town / City: South Lakes
How long should you wait for ducati accessories ?
« on: April 24, 2018, 10:20:43 PM »
I'm interested to hear how long owners have waited for Ducati accessories and what your thoughts are on what is acceptable .

I ordered my MTS950 towards the end of january 2018 along with the touring pack (panniers & centre stand) and heated grips, 

I assumed , wrongly,  that these would be fitted upon delivery of the bike on the 1st March 2018,  i've been given 3 dates which have all passed ,the 1st service was carried out last week but no sign of accessories , so i'm still waiting with no idea when  these will arrive , dealer says they've done all they can regarding chasing up Ducati uk ....

Has anyone else had similar woes ??

Offline neilb

• MTS 950 Master
  • Bike: MTS 950 Red
  • Town / City: Billericay, Essex
Re: How long should you wait for ducati accessories ?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 10:55:57 PM »
I think youll find that a fair few of can share (and sympathise with) your experience. For Italians and Ducati, Time would appear to move at a different rate to the rest of the world; you will eventually get your goodies but in their own, good time 

Offline lather

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: Multistrada 950
  • Town / City: St. Francisville
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 04:38:10 AM »
I picked up my 950 June 31 and they ordered the tour package that day. The panniers and the center stand arrived about 3 weeks later.
We're lost but we're making great time!

Offline BrownTrousers

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: 2018 MTS 950 RED
  • Town / City: Cambridge
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 04:47:33 AM »
I ordered my bike in March. Heated grips and sat nav mount weren't available to be fitted (I didn't find out till collecting the bike).

They told me they can fit them at first service instead. That is booked for next week and I'll be sorely disappointed if those bits aren't ready (again, they haven't told me there are any problems)

Seems crazy for a big company to struggle so much with OE parts for one of their most popular models.
Previous bikes: Tiger 800XR & CRB500R
Bikers make great organ donors - sign up here

Offline vlerk

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: Multistrada 950
  • Town / City: Eindhoven
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 08:50:26 PM »
MIne is delivered on 3th March and it was complete with pannieres, centre stand, sat nav mount and heated grips.
So no waiting for parts in Holland.

Regards,

Vlerk

Offline Conman

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Town / City: Stockport
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 09:05:03 AM »
I'd really push them to get the parts as soon as possible because if you hit the Italian holiday period nothing will happen. I took delivery last May and was given 6 weeks delivery for sat nav mount and heated grips. That pushed the delivery too close to holiday time and it was mid-september before they arrived.

The dealer really did trawl everywhere to get most of the accessories together though (panniers etc) because I was walking away - literally - from the deal. I had a VStrom lined up.
Anything more than two wheels is unnecessary.

Offline Simoncelli58

• MTS 950 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 09:24:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by Conman [+]
I'd really push them to get the parts as soon as possible because if you hit the Italian holiday period nothing will happen. I took delivery last May and was given 6 weeks delivery for sat nav mount and heated grips. That pushed the delivery too close to holiday time and it was mid-september before they arrived.

The dealer really did trawl everywhere to get most of the accessories together though (panniers etc) because I was walking away - literally - from the deal. I had a VStrom lined up.

Yeah , i initially went for a 6 month old MTS950 with all the accessories fitted that i wanted, but that got sold before i had chance to put a deposit down on it ..  but i would have walked away if i'd known how long it would take . I might get in touch with Ducati UK direct if thats possible

Thanks all for the responses

Offline BrownTrousers

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: 2018 MTS 950 RED
  • Town / City: Cambridge
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 04:37:38 PM »
Worried by all these horror stories, I Just contacted my dealer in advance of my run-in service which is booked for Monday, at which they had also agreed to fit the sat nav mount and heated grips I paid for 6 weeks ago when i bought the bike.

Annoyingly, he replied to confirm these weren't available;

We are suffering a lack of accessories and availability, we have 14 satnav holders on backorder all for customers and also heated grips, we are looking at alternatives at this point and have notified Ducati UK.

I am extremely annoyed, and let him know that with a fairly blunt email, but really i guess i'm powerless.
It certainly leaves a bad taste in the mouth if such a "premium" manufacturer can suffer supply chain problems on an established and popular model. Coupled with the fact that dealership doesn't seem to care.   :232:
Previous bikes: Tiger 800XR & CRB500R
Bikers make great organ donors - sign up here

Offline Simoncelli58

• MTS 950 Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 04:57:33 PM »
Powerless is  definately the word for it , just been on the phone to another dealer that has most of the parts in stock , and said the issue with supply is that Ducati are in the middle of moving their
spares/accessories warehouse across italy as we speak . That kinda explains the supply issue , still not acceptable of course..... 

Offline Conman

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Town / City: Stockport
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 08:40:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by Simoncelli58 [+]
Powerless is  definately the word for it , just been on the phone to another dealer that has most of the parts in stock , and said the issue with supply is that Ducati are in the middle of moving their
spares/accessories warehouse across italy as we speak . That kinda explains the supply issue , still not acceptable of course.....

I'm not sure I believe that. There always seems to be some reason why they can't get parts. I'm not sure that it's the dealer who doesn't care, it's just that they get this all the time and they're numb/resigned to it.
I was lucky to get a set of brake pads when I needed them but I'm still waiting for a set of head bearings; it's been 5 weeks now  :013: The dealer keeps giving me the old "expected in  the next two weeks" so I've given up ringing them.
The MTS950 is a really good bike but there are other good bikes out there with excellent manufacturer backup, not this crap. I'm already looking to get rid  :003:
Anything more than two wheels is unnecessary.