Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tracker  (Read 1882 times)

Online thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
  • Town / City: Cheshunt / Herts
Tracker
« on: April 25, 2018, 10:13:25 PM »
This is new on the market ,it works out to be 3 euro per month for sim card
https://monimoto.co.uk/

Online thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
Re: Tracker
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 12:50:29 PM »
Wassers I thought you might be interested in this as you work in London, even if members say it is S**t at least I have a response  :008:

Online Murf46

• MTS 950 God
  • Town / City: newcastle upon tyne
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 12:57:07 PM »
I don't want a tracker my wife might track me  :024:

But thanks for posting
Red or dead

Online thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 01:13:46 PM »
Yes Yes yes an answer, thanks Murf46  :305:

Online Wassers

• MTS 950 Master
  • Bike: MTS & Speed Twin
  • Town / City: Berkshire
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 01:15:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by thenozzle [+]
Wassers I thought you might be interested in this as you work in London, even if members say it is S**t at least I have a response  :008:

Thanks Nozzle - I had already read a few reviews on this tracker.

Luckily my work place in London is very secure where I park up. You have to get past a security team and then I chain my bike up to a ring which is concreted into the floor, so never really considered the need for a tracker - but thanks for thinking of me.
Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

Online thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 01:50:31 PM »
No worries Wassers  :305:

Offline Dave G

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950
  • Town / City: Nantwich
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 09:39:02 PM »
I had the Bike Trac tracker fitting from new.
Subscription is 9.99 per month and it reduced my insurance by 100 so I think it's well worth it.
Piece of mind when I'm  away from the Bike. It will text, call and email me if moved a few feet without the key.
You have to remember to turn it on to service mode using the app on your phone if it goes into the workshop or you will get a call asking if you are near your bike?
Well impressed with that service.

Another good feature, if the Bike goes less than 20 deg lean angle i.e in a crash, it will call a nominated person and locate you to call for emergency help.

You can track journeys made and also speed. Surely you can turn the speed off if you don't want others to know how fast the 950 is 😉😉

Offline resovoir

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Town / City: Near Portsmouth
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 07:56:53 AM »
Not a bad idea after the initial installation and purchase cost the insurance discount pays the annual description

Online Lambert

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: Multistrada
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 08:01:42 PM »
Monimoto - I bought one to give it a try. Wanted something discrete, easily self fitted, powered by its own batteries etc a fit and for the most part forget type of unit. The included SIM works through most of Europe and is as stated 3 a month paid in one payment of 36 although it is currently free. It sits in sleep mode for the most part, you can set it up to ping its location once a day if you want or adjust up to once a month or turn it off if required. The unit is in the first instance an adjustable motion detector, if your bikes moved it wakes up and looks for the paired fob. If it sees the fob it returns to its sleep state. If the fob isnt present it rings your mobile number to alert you your bikes been moved etc. It then pings its location every 5 mins directly to your phone. So far I have been testing etc and am very impressed. No insurance discounts etc but I didnt want a full on tracker.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 08:04:21 PM by Lambert »

Online thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 08:22:41 PM »
I also brought one Lambert , I left the fob at home and took the tracker for a ride in my car.
Once out of range and within a minute phone started ringing to tell me it was on the move and gps kicked in and showed me my location .
Great bit of kit for 3 euros a month ,I believe you get 2 months free to start off with .