Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !


Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Can anyone identify this connector?  (Read 1460 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline RenzoPT

  • MTS 950 Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Bike: Multistrada 950
  • Town / City: Port Townsend
  • Country: us
Can anyone identify this connector?
« on: April 30, 2018, 05:23:45 PM »
 :158: Hello all,
I have started to strip the panels off my 950 to add auxiliary lights, a ZUMO satnav, and  ScottOiler. After I pulled the saddle, i found what looks like an unused connector on the left side of the bike.



I place a red flag behind the connector to make it easier to see.


Does anyone know what this connector is used for? BTW, this is a US purchased bike.

Thank you,
Renzo

RenzoPT
"2 > 4!"

Offline Paultheplumber

  • MTS 950 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
  • Town / City: Stratford-upon-Avon
  • Country: england
Re: Can anyone identify this connector?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 06:11:36 PM »
I think it is to connect Ducati trickle charger. But I may be wrong 😀

Offline kfchai

  • MTS 950 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 12
  • Town / City: Kuantan
  • Country: my
Re: Can anyone identify this connector?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 06:45:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by RenzoPT [+]
:158: Hello all,
I have started to strip the panels off my 950 to add auxiliary lights, a ZUMO satnav, and  ScottOiler. After I pulled the saddle, i found what looks like an unused connector on the left side of the bike.



I place a red flag behind the connector to make it easier to see.


Does anyone know what this connector is used for? BTW, this is a US purchased bike.

Thank you,
Renzo

hi, have you found the wire for the auxiliary light and gps ? i m doing same too, but i still dont know which wire i can tap

Offline S-westerly

  • MTS 950 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 35
  • Bike: 950
  • Town / City: Gloucestershire
  • Country: gb
Re: Can anyone identify this connector?
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 01:25:42 PM »
The GPS lead is at the front of the bike. Somewhere on this forum is a very clear video showing exactly where to find it. I used it to install TomTom GPS a few months ago. Made it dead easy. What you have under the seat? No idea, sorry.

Offline ducati_al

  • MTS 950 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 137
  • Bike: MTS 950 - Red
  • Town / City: Crowborough
  • Country: gb
Re: Can anyone identify this connector?
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 07:50:37 PM »
Almost certain that is for the ducati OEM battery trickle charger as mentioned earlier.

Offline motorman

  • MTS 950 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 130
  • Bike: MTS 950
  • Town / City: San Antonio
  • Country: us
Re: Can anyone identify this connector?
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 03:11:36 PM »
I spliced my Garmin to the wire that runs the USB back there.  Then the Garmin switches off with the key and doesn't drain the battery.  Connecting it to the wire will allow it to drain the battery when you're not riding.

Offline Pitanga

  • MTS 950 Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Bike: MTS 950
  • Town / City: Arraial d'Ajuda - BA
  • Country: br
Re: Can anyone identify this connector?
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 02:31:42 AM »
If you mean the white connector, it is for the OEM alarm.

Offline BabyD

  • MTS 950 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 349
  • Bike: Multi 950
  • Town / City: Buckinghamshire
  • Country: gb
Re: Can anyone identify this connector?
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 03:42:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by ducati_al [+]
Almost certain that is for the ducati OEM battery trickle charger as mentioned earlier.

No the connector is not a the OEM trickle charger as the Ducati charger plugs into the diagnostic port which is fixed to the right hand side of the ECU
If I had a second brain cell it would be so lonely......

Offline BabyD

  • MTS 950 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 349
  • Bike: Multi 950
  • Town / City: Buckinghamshire
  • Country: gb
Re: Can anyone identify this connector?
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 03:46:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by motorman [+]
I spliced my Garmin to the wire that runs the USB back there.  Then the Garmin switches off with the key and doesn't drain the battery.  Connecting it to the wire will allow it to drain the battery when you're not riding.

Did you not know that if you look under the clutch side black front trim that has the Ducati logo on it there is a connector specificity for gps connection
If I had a second brain cell it would be so lonely......

Offline motorman

  • MTS 950 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 130
  • Bike: MTS 950
  • Town / City: San Antonio
  • Country: us
Re: Can anyone identify this connector?
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 05:18:26 PM »
Woah!  BabyD I did not even know this! 

Could you take a pic and then use Markup to help us identify that?  I'm looking under the clutch and light switch housing, but I don't think this is what you are referring to.  Do you mean the front air intake snout under the headlight on the clutch side?