Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Insurance  (Read 7731 times)

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
  • Town / City: Cheshunt / Herts
Insurance
« on: February 13, 2017, 10:02:51 AM »
Just been in touch with bikesure insurance to get a quote for bike and  was told 450 pound, Carol Nash want over 1000 my God this can't be right, anyone else tried to get a quote yet. I only pay 180 for my Tiger 800 and I've told them I'm 64 not 18 years old
Martin
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 11:01:22 AM by thenozzle »

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 God
  • Bike: MTS & Speed Twin
  • Town / City: Berkshire
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 02:42:56 PM »
Hi Martin. Yikes, that doesn't sound good. I'm changing from a Tiger 800 too, but haven't yet got round to enquiring on insurance. I'm currently with Bennetts, but probably won't enquire until closer to collecting my MTS in March. Keep us all posted on how you get on. Mark.
Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 06:04:41 PM »
Right this needs to be brought to everyone's attention, have now phoned Hastings Direct and Bennett insurance and they will not insure me as the bike is not on the system and no one has a clue what they are doing
Martin

Offline fi2009

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: MTS 950 White
  • Town / City: Bridgwater
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 06:59:17 PM »
I'm also finding this - the only insurer who seems to be quoting at the moment is Ducati Insurance, and it's a little pricey at 700 for 10,000 miles SDP + commuting - tho I am a relatively new rider. Hopefully some others will get online before I need to purchase the cover! Fi

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 God
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 04:55:10 PM »
Any updates on this from anyone?

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 07:44:47 PM »
Try Bikesure, that is who I will use at the moment 450 my best price so far, but then again I'm an old git and been riding over 45 yrs

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 God
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 07:35:46 PM »
So here is my latest status re insurance. Contacted my current bike insurer (Bennetts) late Friday eve and was informed although the 950 was on their system there was no AVI assigned to it. (Never heard of this term before). They said it normally wouldn't be an issue, they simply contact the under writer to get the AVI and quote, however as I called Bennetts late on Friday evening, the under writers were closed. They were very friendly and helpful though and said the referrals team would contact me on Monday when the office is open again to progress.

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 08:11:52 PM »
Wasser ,I dont know if you know this but Ducati has its own insurance ,they quoted me 504 at this moment in time so please let us know what bennetts quote you .
This is Ducati Insurance number 0844 8800 960 / 01582 832008
martin

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 God
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 09:19:04 PM »
Thanks Martin. Will do. My current insurance with Bennetts doesn't expire until mid April, so for now I'm looking to stay with Bennetts and update my bike details for the outstanding period just to ensure I qualify for another year of no claims bonus. However I reckon mid March I'll receive an annual renewal quote from Bennets for the MTS, and then it's up for grabs depending on how competive it is. Never considered Ducati insurance, but thanks for the tip.... I'll give them a try come renewal time.

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 God
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 02:42:14 PM »
Got this sorted today with Bennetts. I have 41 days remaining on my existing Bennetts annual bike policy - and successfully changed this to the MTS 950. It cost an additional 71 to do this, but that included an admin fee of 32 to change the policy  :087:  :232: but at least I am now ready to collect my MTS on Friday. Only problem now is the weather forecast for Friday...its not looking very favorable   :012: I'm sure I selected the dealers optional extra for good weather when collecting my bike  :008: