Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: False neutral  (Read 2138 times)

Offline buzzardbilly

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Town / City: Gloucester
Re: False neutral
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 07:22:42 PM »
...well just a quick update  - I adjusted the clutch and tried it out down the motorway and the problem seems to be resolved (fingers crossed) . Strange that the Dealer did not try or suggest this when I mentioned it to them at the last service

Anyway thanks all for the inputs

Offline alexbill

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Town / City: Katowice
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 09:25:27 PM »
Hi, i have exactly the same problem. False neutrals when shifting from 6 to 5. I have tried all different gear lever positions but no luck at all. Could you elaborate little more how exactly have you adjusted clutch?

Offline buzzardbilly

• MTS 950 Pro
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 09:32:57 AM »
The gearbox does get better with use but I find the clutch cable does it does need occasional adjustment - at the handlebar where the cable enters the lever housing  - just unwind it a few turns . Actually I just put the bike in for a 9,000 mile service a week ago and I did feel a smoother change between gears afterwards . I noticed that that they had unscrewed that adjuster by about 3mm on the service

I have not had any false neutrals now for over a year so as someone else said on this forum "the clutch adjuster is your friend"

Offline lowprofile

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: MTS 950, M1200S
  • Town / City: Paranaque
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2019, 09:57:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by buzzardbilly [+]
The gearbox does get better with use but I find the clutch cable does it does need occasional adjustment - at the handlebar where the cable enters the lever housing  - just unwind it a few turns . Actually I just put the bike in for a 9,000 mile service a week ago and I did feel a smoother change between gears afterwards . I noticed that that they had unscrewed that adjuster by about 3mm on the service

I have not had any false neutrals now for over a year so as someone else said on this forum "the clutch adjuster is your friend"

so loosen up the cable?

Offline buzzardbilly

• MTS 950 Pro
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2019, 12:17:20 PM »
Just unscrew anti-clockwise  few turns so more threads are showing ( not sure if that is slackening or tightening the cable but that is what seems to work) Just count the turns so you can return the setting if it doesnt sort it

Offline alexbill

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Town / City: Katowice
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2019, 08:23:21 PM »
Thanks. I will give it a try  :020:

Offline blaks

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: MTS 950
  • Town / City: Knoxville, TN
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2019, 05:11:29 PM »
I get false neutrals between 1, 2 and 2 to 1.  Even had one between 3 and  2 once.  5500 miles on it, so maybe it hasn't quite "broken in".

I only have the problem when I am casually shifting, and find the problem to be resolved best when I give it a good kick into gear.

Offline StunningToaster

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Town / City: Edinburgh
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2019, 08:01:56 AM »
buzzardbilly I have the exact same experience with my 2017 model 5000miles, down shifting from 6 - 5. Thanks for updating this post IL see if I can correct the issue now.