Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Pilot Road 5 ??? what about that  (Read 4089 times)

Offline pmxbmega

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950
  • Town / City: Lisbon
Re: New Pilot Road 5 ??? what about that
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 04:08:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by vlerk [+]
as i dont do offroad riding with the Multi.

neither do I - for that i have a WR 450  :188: :188: :188: :001:
... live to ride, ride to live :):):)
... ride to live, live to ride ;););)
... just f##king ride :P

Offline motorman

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950
  • Town / City: San Antonio
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 06:14:56 PM »
This is a great update thank you!  Where I ride there are sometimes unpaved roads or road construction with gravel.  It's not intentional to go off road, but flooding and muddy ways sometimes happen as well.  Thank you for sharing your experience !

Offline pmxbmega

• MTS 950 Pro
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 01:12:50 PM »
Just came from a road trip 1200kms of twisted roads, the Pilot Power 5 just stand great all the way, and in the right roads with the right tarmac, I was able to use all the tire in that lovely twisted turns, it was like I was riding a hyperstrada, lots off fun, lots of grip, going to buy them again  :047:

Offline pmxbmega

• MTS 950 Pro
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2020, 09:01:33 PM »
I've done the first 100 miles on the new road 5 tires and they behave well. Compared to the original Pirellis the have a more solid feel but you have to push the bike more into the corners. Once you have got your line in the corner they follow that line beautifully. Its the Michelin road 5 trail in these sizes which is a road based version with a lot of rubber on the edges.

Regards,

Vlerk

That was what I felt, but a soon they start to wear on the sides they feel great. but there is that issue, I know that the reviews says the best touring tire is the metzeler roadtec 01... but very expensive 

Offline vagosm

• MTS 950 Member
  • Town / City: Ioannina
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2020, 01:11:54 PM »
I had the same combination first time. Now i have the road 5 on the back aswell and they are vere satisfying. Not as quick steering compared to the scorpions but much more stable and once you have the correct cornerline they follow it beautifully. They give good grip on wet and dry roads. Front has done now 8000kms and rear 2500km and they both look good. Not done offroad with those tires as i dont do offroad riding with the Multi.
I heve the road 5 for about 300km. i think they are quicker than scroprion trail ii  in turns.