Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: She's arrived!  (Read 11623 times)

Offline fi2009

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: MTS 950 White
  • Town / City: Bridgwater
She's arrived!
« on: March 02, 2017, 08:07:06 PM »
I collected my new bike from Riders Bridgwater yesterday, a fews days later than planned so i got the '17 plate.  The engine bars and heated grips I ordered with the bike won't be available for a couple of weeks, but other than that I'm delighted  :002: As per the test ride, I struggled to get neutral easily at first, but it already seems to be getting easier after only a few miles. So far the thing I love the most is the sound - riding in narrow streets or past lines of cars the echo of the engine noise is fab. Very happy.

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
  • Town / City: Cheshunt / Herts
Re: She's arrived!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 08:33:57 PM »
Well done on your new steed ,looks good and hope you enjoy the rides , just a quick question about the fog light what are they fitted on or too
Martin

Offline fi2009

• MTS 950 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 08:50:53 PM »
Thanks!

I must admit I thought the lights attached to the engine bars so I was surprised the dealer managed to fit them without the bars - but there us a bracket that fits up above the radiator - see photo,

Fi

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
  • Town / City: Cheshunt / Herts
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 09:00:44 PM »
Thanks for that photo as I too thought they fitted on the crash bars ,Also did you check with your dealer about the petrol tank recall

Offline Cavalieri

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: XSR900
  • Town / City: Peterborough
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 09:02:39 PM »
Very nice :047: I've also ordered white with touring pack and have to wait until April !!
I had problems finding neutral on test ride - only solution was to turn off engine, which seemed to work....

Offline fi2009

• MTS 950 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 09:12:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by thenozzle [+]
Thanks for that photo as I too thought they fitted on the crash bars ,Also did you check with your dealer about the petrol tank recall

No - I've just read the details so will contact them to check - thanks!

Offline Murf46

• MTS 950 God
  • Town / City: newcastle upon tyne
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 09:41:49 PM »
Looks great wish you lots of smiles and many miles
Red or dead

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 Master
  • Bike: MTS & Speed Twin
  • Town / City: Berkshire
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 09:47:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by fi2009 [+]
I collected my new bike from Riders Bridgwater yesterday, a fews days later than planned so i got the '17 plate.  The engine bars and heated grips I ordered with the bike won't be available for a couple of weeks, but other than that I'm delighted  :002: As per the test ride, I struggled to get neutral easily at first, but it already seems to be getting easier after only a few miles. So far the thing I love the most is the sound - riding in narrow streets or past lines of cars the echo of the engine noise is fab. Very happy.

Congrats Fi. Glad to see a few bikes being delivered now. Hope it stayed dry for your collection. I'm picking mine up tomorrow, but the weathers looking a little dodgy. BTW I've ordered the auxiliary led lights and am having them fitted during the first service. Cost is 330 but fitting is free.
Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

Offline Requiem84

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Town / City: Amsterdam
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 08:45:17 AM »
Congrats with your nicely farkled up bike! :).

No problems on finding neutral on my bike. Only issue I had  twice now is when downshifting from second to first, the bike pops into neutral while the dash shows the gear is in 1 (!). Pretty dangerous, as you apply power and basically you're revving neutral. Especially tricky when slow speed manouevring. Will see if this get's fixed at first service.

Offline Murf46

• MTS 950 God
  • Town / City: newcastle upon tyne
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 08:55:18 AM »
Good warning for everyone. 

This gear selection problem should not be happening ... It's not a new engine /gearbox it's straight out of the Hyperstrada
Red or dead