Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Multistrada 950 flairing and gas tank reassembly video  (Read 1718 times)

Offline lowprofile

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: MTS950s, M1200S
  • Town / City: Paranaque
Multistrada 950 flairing and gas tank reassembly video
« on: December 24, 2018, 11:42:36 PM »
Hi friends,

I tore down my 950 to remove the old air filter and replaced it with a k and n. It was filthy at 12500 kms.

The bike is a 2017 Mts 950 and is almost similar in breaking down a 1200.

It starts when I replaced the filter and ends in the installation of the passenger seat.

Please pardon the 3rd world background noise and the cut scenes. I'm not a professional videographer and cant care much to do any dubbing. I think viewers will not mind as long as they can properly put their bike together without problems, or breaking plastics etc.

I suggest to use good tools no Chinese cheap stuff or you might damage something . You will need torx/flower wrenches, Allen wrenches, zip ties, a vaccum cleaner, rags and cleaning agents that's safe for plastic, paint, and rubber, and a monkey wrench or similar I kid you not.

Enjoy the background noise :)

« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 11:51:49 PM by lowprofile »

Offline Conman

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Town / City: Stockport
Re: Multistrada 950 flairing and gas tank reassembly video
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 11:16:46 AM »
Great vid, but what a mission to change an air filter! Hard enough doing it never mid filming at the same time. Thanks for taking the time and posting it. Lots of useful information  :152:
Anything more than two wheels is unnecessary.

Offline lowprofile

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: MTS950s, M1200S
  • Town / City: Paranaque
Re: Multistrada 950 flairing and gas tank reassembly video
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 12:22:55 PM »
I was putting it off for about 1000kms back due to time constraints and woke up December 24th doing nothing.

So I got up my ass and did the removal and thought that 1000 kms ago I was searching for a video to do disassemble this but did not find a recent one.

I decided to do one to help others like me but it dawned to me only when I was holding the tank thus had to film it backwards.

Further, it ends in replacing the plastic key cover and not the pillion seat.

Same thing getting into a battery of an old ducati monster 1100 evo. Remove the tank to change the battery and its air filter :(

Happy holidays to you Conman :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 12:26:30 PM by lowprofile »