Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Nav and Phone mounts  (Read 1721 times)

Offline ajy1w

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950 / HDFXR
  • Town / City: Maplewood
Nav and Phone mounts
« on: January 03, 2019, 03:31:28 AM »
Looking for a mounting system that can take either Nav and phone. 
Givi has a Crossbar kit that also goes above the dash in the windshield.   About $50.00US  Install looks easy
With the bar you could run both a phone and a Nav.

Ducati offers a nice above dash windshield mount for nav with a flat plate to mount a nav.  $100.00US not sure about install.  I like this Ducati one but mostly use my phone as a nav.   Also I have not figured out an adapter for a phone for this mount.  I am sure it is possible but I don't want it to sit out to far into your dash area.   

The area is tight using the handlebars and I am not a fan of the center handlebar riser mounting systems because you are then forced to look down away from the road.  The above dash systems seem a better place.
Has anybody tried either of the two above dash mounts I mentioned or found good solutions for mounting?
Thanks
Life behind bars enjoy the ride

Online BabyD

• MTS 950 Master
  • Bike: Multi 1260s
  • Town / City: Buckinghamshire
Re: Nav and Phone mounts
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 05:57:32 AM »
If you search the forum there are topics that cover everything you have ask, as for the Ducati mount it is designed only to work with official Ducati Garmin satnav which is no good if like me you have a TomTom so you have to be creative & make your own mount head.

As for phone holder I use the quad lock system on the mirror arm, which is very secure 
If I had a second brain cell it would be so lonely......

Offline buzzardbilly

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Town / City: Gloucester
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 09:16:46 AM »
I have the Ducati mount - fitted by the Dealer - very neat and with the screen exactly where it is needed - couldn't be better. It takes most Garmins I believe (I have the Zumo 345LM)

The phone I put in the Givi tank bag - see through "window"

Offline Darsey

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: Multi 950 white
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 09:36:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by BabyD [+]
If you search the forum there are topics that cover everything you have ask, as for the Ducati mount it is designed only to work with official Ducati Garmin satnav which is no good if like me you have a TomTom so you have to be creative & make your own mount head.

As for phone holder I use the quad lock system on the mirror arm, which is very secure

Do you have a picture of this babyd
"ye must be born again"

Offline ChrisS

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: 950
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 10:50:22 AM »
 :030:I fitted the Engimoto GPS mount. It fits quite neatly and easily to the two upper screen mounting points. It says it can take pretty much any GPS bracket and it was certainly easy enough to fit my old Garmin Zumo 340. Position is good just above the dash, it does vibrate a bit but not too bad. I can't remember what it cost - I think less than EUR 100 incl. postage.

Offline ajy1w

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950 / HDFXR
  • Town / City: Maplewood
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 01:41:17 PM »
Thanks I will check it out.   
Life behind bars enjoy the ride

Offline Beitsta

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: Multistrada 950
  • Town / City: Cork
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 11:25:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by ChrisS [+]
:030:I fitted the Engimoto GPS mount. It fits quite neatly and easily to the two upper screen mounting points. It says it can take pretty much any GPS bracket and it was certainly easy enough to fit my old Garmin Zumo 340. Position is good just above the dash, it does vibrate a bit but not too bad. I can't remember what it cost - I think less than EUR 100 incl. postage.

Fitted the same bracket over Christmas to accommodate the Zumo 660lm - compliments (and advice!) of NeilB - and I'm delighted with the setup!

Beitsta