Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Helmets  (Read 4275 times)

Offline Beitsta

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: Multistrada 950
  • Town / City: Cork
Helmets
« on: January 09, 2019, 10:54:04 PM »
I have a Concept C2 Schubert helmet which I love (year 2008) which has to be replaced.

I want a helmet that is safe, light in weight, comfortable, quite and with a large visor area.

Has anyone got experience of the Schubert C4 helmet or do you have any other suggestions for an alternative?

My C2 is silver in colour - what colour does anyone suggest to go with the RED 950?
Beitsta

Offline BrownTrousers

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 MTS 950 RED
  • Town / City: Cambridge
Re: Helmets
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 12:02:34 PM »
I have a Schuberth C3, which i really like. Its a couple of years old now but i guess you may be able to pick one up cheaply?

At the bike show last month i tried on a Shoei Neotec II which felt very plush inside and the fit was great. Nice and light too. Unfortunately i couldn't test it whilst riding and anyway it was a bit rich for my blood, until my C3 is totally knackered.

Like my C3, it is a modular flip up design, and comes with a drop down internal sun visor and pin lock anti-fog system, all of which i consider vital (as well as size/fit) in a new helmet.

Edit. On the colour, my current helmet is plain silver (was the cheapest colour!). I dislike having something which almost matches the bike but not quite  (i.e. a slightly different shade of red) so think I would go with a subtle matt black with red or white highlights in future.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:05:15 PM by BrownTrousers »
Previous bikes: Tiger 800XR & CRB500R
Bikers make great organ donors - sign up here

Offline obijohnkenobe

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: 950 and MV F4
  • Town / City: Tonbridge, Kent
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 02:23:26 PM »
I have a couple of helmets and the one I like the most is actually my silver Shark RST Race- it simply fits my head size and shape very well.  However, when commuting (and the one I actually wear more and more) is my HJC Max II, which is a flip-up with internal visor and pin lock and the ratchet style chin strap (as opposed to the double D on my Shark).  HJC quality have come a long way over the last few years. 

I do like silver but Just to be different I got mine in white with red and some grey accents and although I got it long before I got my red MTS, the mainly white with a little red actually matches pretty well, although I have never seen one my colour scheme since.... anywhere!  They do lots of good colours - a grey with subtle red which is good.  For me personally it also has the advantage of a cut out either side in the lining specifically for glasses!  I used to have a Caberg Justissimo flip and I found that and my HJC noisier than my Shark - maybe all flip-ups are a bit, but they are so practical!

Offline YoungF

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: 950S
  • Town / City: North Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 06:21:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by Beitsta [+]
I want a helmet that is safe, light in weight, comfortable, quite and with a large visor area.

Arai X4 Tour, Shoei Hornet X2 or for lightness check out the new Klim.

YoungF

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 God
  • Bike: MTS & Speed Twin
  • Town / City: Berkshire
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 12:55:34 PM »
Whilst I have been very happy with my Shoei Neotec 1, I am considering a change this summer (well, why not eh????)  :084: and upgrade to the Shoei Neotec 2... One of mates has just bought one - and I now have helmet envy  :005:  :745:

Shoei have just launched some new colour schemes for the Neotec 2 which should be available in the shops in the next couple of weeks, so I'm going to have a look once they become available to touch, feel and inspect (will probably ride over to MotoLegends in Guildford).

The below version looks good and has caught my eye, but it may be too close to matching the bikes colour:

So I may contemplate a more 'in yer face' colour scheme, and this one is growing on me

Cast your votes now... White or Orange  ??? :084:
Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

Offline Murf46

• MTS 950 God
  • Town / City: newcastle upon tyne
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 04:42:48 PM »
Red
Red or dead

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 God
  • Bike: MTS & Speed Twin