Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Accessory Screen Options  (Read 14692 times)

Offline bmw_al

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950 - Red
  • Town / City: Crowborough
Re: Accessory Screen Options
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2019, 05:20:57 PM »
Hi ajy1w....I think I'm all researched out.....I did try the Puig short screen as I have used them on other Bikes - really well made.  I wanted it to work for me (ie aim airflow at my upper chest and reduce buffeting drone), but alas no, still very noisy.  Wassers has one fitted to his Bike - it looks great, but didn't work for me.  Research ended for now - it's wet and dark...... :038:

Offline simonkraushaar

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: 950s Touring
  • Town / City: Amsterdam
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2019, 10:37:02 AM »
My screen experience so far, 5,11 (1.80cm), with a schuberth C3pro

From worst to best..

worst
Original screen
Original screen with Iconic Spacers
Puig sport screen
Puig sport screen with Iconic Spacers
MRA Vario touring screen
best

The MRA is shorter than the original (will measure to be sure) and the variable spoiler allows you to tune the airflow for (rider)height, wind conditions or speed.  It's still not perfect in my opinion...but it's the best so far...and i think i'm going to stop searching from this point on.

hope this is useful for others.

Simon

Offline ZiggyCol

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950 (Red)
  • Town / City: Harrogate
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2019, 11:56:00 AM »
Thanks - useful post. I've not been troubled enough by turbulence yet to warrant a screen change (trips not really long enough) but if I go touring I think the MRA is the way to go.
Life is not a rehearsal . . .

Offline Beitsta

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: Multistrada 950
  • Town / City: Cork
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2019, 01:53:00 PM »
Was out again at the weekend and found this deflector to be very good with the standard screen - vastly reduced turbulence and still able to see over the top of it!

Available online at 'Wish' and costs very little.

Beitsta

Offline ZiggyCol

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950 (Red)
  • Town / City: Harrogate
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2019, 02:06:36 PM »
That's a thought - if only it didn't look so pig ugly  :012:
Life is not a rehearsal . . .

Offline igonik

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: MTS950+others:-)
  • Town / City: baltimore, md, USA
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2020, 03:46:39 PM »
So, finally got my setup - after all of the trying (standard, PUIG Touring, Icon spacers), settle on PB Sports + Icon Spacers + Clip On). w/screen set to the middle setting. Seems to be the best result so far.

Offline leodesmo

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: Multistrada 950S
  • Town / City: The Hague
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2020, 04:05:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Beitsta [+]
Was out again at the weekend and found this deflector to be very good with the standard screen - vastly reduced turbulence and still able to see over the top of it!

Available online at 'Wish' and costs very little.

To me it looks mounted upside down.

I noticed the same issues that you have, a lot of turbolence at high speed. I was considering a similar model I found on Aliexpress for around 15 Euro https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32772314877.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.816c2e0eAD8SCp ,
but I opted for this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32967405670.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dwq5f8Y

I tried various heights and angles, I don't like to see the road through it, but above it, as many of you.
The following pictures are showing the very initial result after mounting it:

In effect the wind noise at high speed is slightly reduced, but the best part is that I receive less water and dirt on the helmet (Schubert C3) at my commuting speed of around 80 km/h, improving the visibility under the rain, and avoiding dirt on the helmet.

I hope it can help others
Ducati sound - a unique symphony!!

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 God
  • Bike: MTS & Speed Twin
  • Town / City: Berkshire
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2020, 05:05:26 PM »
Finally found some spare time to transfer some bits and bobs from my previous 950 to my 950S today.

Fitted the Puig performance screen (which is now over 3 years old).

Fitted my Tom Tom Sat Nav holder

Cleaned and fitted the Denali sound bomb horn. Its also 3 years old, but came up like new after a good clean. It's a bit of a tight squeeze, but it does fit.

I didn't install these today, but these smart and compact performance indicators look great IMO.

Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

Offline BabyD

• MTS 950 Master
  • Bike: Multi 1260s
  • Town / City: Buckinghamshire
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2020, 06:48:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wassers [+]
Finally found some spare time to transfer some bits and bobs from my previous 950 to my 950S today.

Cleaned and fitted the Denali sound bomb horn. Its also 3 years old, but came up like new after a good clean. It's a bit of a tight squeeze, but it does fit.

I would be careful that horn is not touching the radiator fan, as most of the auxillary items like the radiator & fan are the same as the 950s & I tried to tuck the horn high up there & it was touching the edge of the fan
If I had a second brain cell it would be so lonely......

Offline fipenna

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: Multistrada 950S
  • Town / City: Miami
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2020, 06:21:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wassers [+]

Hi Wassers,

Did you need to do any electrical work/adapting to install the Denali sound bomb? Or it used the original wiring?

Is the sound significantly louder? Worth the change?

Rgds