Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Accessory Screen Options  (Read 22559 times)

Offline Patkin3484

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: 950S GP Touring
  • Town / City: Newport
Re: Accessory Screen Options
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2020, 04:27:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wassers [+]
Totally agree.

As said before, it's a no brainer.

For those still pondering on whether to change the standard horn to the Denali Soundbomb mini horn... it's not a lot of money. Its just 24 and 5 minutes to fit, so what's stopping those considering it not to just simply go ahead and do it  :084:

Im afraid that I wont be changing the horn to a mini sound bomb. I had one fitted to my R1200GS and in my humble opinion, it was no louder (confirmed by the decibel output) than the OEM horn but a lower tone, the MS horn is no worse then the Beemer. Just my opinion guys.

Offline Beitsta

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: Multistrada 950
  • Town / City: Cork
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2020, 04:59:43 PM »
Sure is!

When fitted the correct way round it was too high for me and was hard to look over the screen - which I prefer to do.

There has been so much discussion (and confusion!) on replacement screens that I said that I would try this cheap accessory from 'WISH'

It has cut down the buffeting by at least 70% and while it doesn't look very attractive, it is very effective in this position.

I no longer look for replacement screens as I am very satisfied with the result it gives me.
Beitsta

Offline EftanD

• MTS 950 Member
  • Town / City: Burnley
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2020, 12:04:31 AM »
Having read all your collective Wisdom I am going to try standard screen first, but am  attracted to either official Ducati touring screen or the looks of the puig touring screen.  I am coming of a BMW r 1250 rt so have been spoilt for element protection.
There are not a lot of comments re the actual Ducati touring screen so I wondered if there was more collective wisdom? the Puig did seem to have a little more width and pleasing lines... but I know nothing.

Offline EftanD

• MTS 950 Member
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2020, 01:22:28 PM »
Ok trial run done today, standard screen ok, apart from Mway where I needed to bow my head a little.... Puig touring now ordered from Pyramid. It seems to be the majority choice.

Offline Beitsta

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Town / City: Cork
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2020, 01:28:19 PM »
How was wind noise and buffeting?
Beitsta

Offline Wassers

• MTS 950 God
  • Bike: MTS & Speed Twin
  • Town / City: Berkshire
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2020, 01:30:15 PM »
Interestingly it looks like Ducati have significantly changed the design of the screen on the new Multistrada V4 - and it looks like they've really nailed it this time from the feedback so far.
Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

Offline EftanD

• MTS 950 Member
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2020, 01:33:13 PM »
Noise and buffeting neglible below 40, at Motorway speed needed to duck down a little bit, where it was calm enough, but sitting up there was a definite wind blast (earplugs may have helped, no buffet though. Not much worse than RT with half raised screen