Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Accessory Screen Options  (Read 3328 times)

Offline motorman

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950
  • Town / City: San Antonio
Re: Accessory Screen Options
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2019, 05:30:36 PM »
I think that pikes peak enduro version also doubles as a shovel !!   :745:

Seriously, though I tried the two screens, different helmets, spending crazy money on shoei and Schuberth helmets with the comm systems.  Then someone mentioned the Byeaos.com noise cancelling comm system and I feel it helped a lot with the wind noise. 

Offline ducati_al

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950 - Red
  • Town / City: Crowborough
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2019, 10:46:50 AM »
So after our extensive peer research, it seems that screen height is not the root of the problem, while noting that some of us have managed to reduce the buffeting by changing to one screen option or the other.  In one last roll of the dice, I have emailed www.palmerproducts.co.uk who have a screen mounting adaptor for 85 GBP that they say resolves the issue by tilting the screen angle forward by 20mm, and allowing further adjustment in angle, and I believe, height. They say this reduces the pressure behind the screen, although this was also claimed by the plastic screen spacers, which made little difference to me.  I have asked if I can return it if it doesn't work before I do anything........I'll keep you posted.

Offline Beitsta

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: Multistrada 950
  • Town / City: Cork
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2019, 01:28:17 PM »
Well done ducati_al! This should be interesting
Beitsta

Online Julian

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: MTS950S
  • Town / City: Bucharest
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2019, 05:26:38 PM »
Just pick up and installed the touring screen. In the weekend I will test it: normal, a few twisted roads and a highway with pillion and full of bags :)
First fresh review after a few days.

Offline ducati_al

• MTS 950 Pro
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2019, 04:40:49 PM »
OK so I have the screen mounting plate from www.palmerproducts.co.uk  Please see the photos below for more detail, but in essence, this adjuster plate fits in between the screen and the standard mounting points.  It then allows you to tilt the top of the screen forward by a few inches or so, using the adjuster wheels on each side, hinging on the bottom mount.  Adjusted to it's closest setting, the top is already an inch or so further forward than normal, as you can see in the photo's.  Overall when combined with the Ducati height adjuster, it allows you to change both the height AND the screen angle - at least tilting the screen further away from you.

The bracket is normally powder coated black, but they have supplied me a version in stainless, prior to coating, which allows me to return it if it doesn't work.

I have yet to test it as it's a bit rainy this PM in the 'saaarf, but I will test it in the next couple of days and report back.  Price is 85 + delivery, and if it works, it should help most/any screen be as good as it can be.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 04:48:02 PM by ducati_al »

Offline Beitsta

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: Multistrada 950
  • Town / City: Cork
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2019, 12:00:50 AM »
Very interesting ducati_al!
Beitsta

Offline BabyD

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: Multi 950
  • Town / City: Buckinghamshire
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2019, 12:02:56 AM »
Dont look like any room for the sat nav holder........ everything is a compromise
If I had a second brain cell it would be so lonely......

Offline jackfrank

• MTS 950 Member
  • Town / City: Blythewood
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2019, 11:32:24 AM »
 :460: and very useful noise canceling idea.

Offline ducati_al

• MTS 950 Pro
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2019, 07:48:47 PM »
The satnav holder (Engimoto, Navihalter etc) would fit fine - I still have an Engimoto mount (soon to be up for sale) and that still happily fits behind the bracket.  Makes little difference - any high level satnav bracket either fits between the screen and the screen mount, or in this case, the screen adaptor and the screen mount.  Hoping to test during tomorrow and report back.

Offline DonStrada

• MTS 950 Member
  • Town / City: Dartmouth
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2019, 02:35:39 PM »
That Palmer bracket looks like the same idea as the madstad bracket which I had on my old vstrom (which had basically no buffeting or turbulence)