Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 950S confirmed for delivery  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Julian

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: MTS950S
  • Town / City: Bucharest
Re: 950S confirmed for delivery
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2019, 09:42:49 PM »
Sorry for the late reply. Busy at work and in the weekends.

On other topic YoungF posted a good review of the bike, especially he made the comparison with the previous model. What I can say is that I'm overjoyed with the bike, I'm still have that dumb smile when I first ride a motorcycle!
Last weekend I made around 300 km with passager, I can't belive how easy is to ride.
Rear brake pedal - When I did the test drive with the 950 model last year I had some problems with the rear brake pedal (has been discussed on the forum). Now there is absolutely no problem, no need to change the rubber with the passenger one or other modifications.
Led lights - love them. I ride in the dark and it's enough lights, the high beam it's pretty damn bright.
Gear change -  it's very smooth, I also use the quick shifter, very nice, but on the down shift not that smooth as up. No false neutral until now and I have set the clutch and brake levers at the lowest position.
Windscreen - I don't like it, for sure I will change it. I feel a lot of turbulence on high speed, in the city it's quite good.
The position -  I like it, very comfortable. The passenger dit not accommodate with the high and exposed position.
Center stand - A bit a struggle to put on the center stand. I need more exercise.
In the end - stickers - I don't like them, but I think they are needed because it looks like the tank can be scratched slightly withe the knees.
After I will add more km/miles I can say more.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 09:44:29 PM by Julian »

Offline neilb

• MTS 950 Master
  • Bike: MTS 950 Red
  • Town / City: Billericay, Essex
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2019, 10:18:45 PM »
Sweet 😊

Offline RickyV

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: Multistrada 950S
  • Town / City: Oxford
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 07:23:40 AM »
Looks great Julian

Shame about the screen.
This is one area where there appear to be differing views.
I'm over 6 feet tall so it will be interesting to see how it works for me.
Luckily there are plenty of after market options as well as the Ducati touring screen.

Glad you like it and thanks for posting.

Counting the days now.

:152:

Offline Julian

• MTS 950 Member
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2019, 07:36:05 AM »
Yes, I didn't expect to have this problem. When I had the test drive last year everything looks good. Btw, I am 1,78 cm, so almost 6 feet tall.
I want to ride for a month or so, in many conditions, to see how it goes.  In late June I had planned a trip to visit several countries that are near me. Until then I will see if I will change it and with what. It will be hard to decide to choose the right aftermarket screen, I saw many good options. Time will tell.

Offline RickyV

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: Multistrada 950S
  • Town / City: Oxford
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2019, 07:39:51 AM »
Sounds like a plan.

Please share any further thoughts / discoveries. Oh, and have fun.

Offline Julian

• MTS 950 Member
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2019, 07:43:57 AM »
For sure! You too please! :152:

Offline thenozzle

• MTS 950 Master
  • Town / City: Cheshunt / Herts
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2019, 08:24:58 AM »
Julian try out the screen spacers

Offline Julian

• MTS 950 Member
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2019, 08:33:41 AM »
thenozzle, I was thinking about them too, but I don't like to look of the screen with them mounted. Maybe I must see them live or some more photos to get convinced.
Besides this, I will change the helmet in the next weeks. Now I have a Scorpion Exo 500, almost 7 years old. Horrible noise inside which influences a lot.

Offline Julian

• MTS 950 Member
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2019, 12:09:23 PM »
I have aprox 3 weeks from the first service. Everything went well, no probl at all. With this occasion I have mounted the oil and water radiators and water pump covers. The rear wheel bobins are still on hold for almost two months.
I have done 3000 km and I am amazed how good it's the bike!! The sound and the power after 6000 rpm it's amazing!! Easily I've done two longer rides, 600 km in a day with topcase and pillion. With one occasion I was able to test the led high beam that is gorgeous!
I changed the riding modes, suspension and power for Urban and touring (Urban - medium power, Touring full). Most often used it's Urban then Touring. And the Sport mode it's fantastic! I have tried also Enduro which I like very much and I want to spend more time on soft enduro.
On the negative side remains the windscreen which I don't know when I will replace it. Possibly next month or next year because I don't like it,  but it's not that bad.
The pillion complained about the side handles/grip (I don't know the exact description for that) that was too far behind.

LE: I forgot about the cruise control which it's very handy. I did not think I would use it so often. Heated grips works very well also.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 12:25:57 PM by Julian »