Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Looking for lighter clutch pull on 2019 950S  (Read 469 times)

Offline greyghost

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Town / City: Bay Area
Looking for lighter clutch pull on 2019 950S
« on: May 30, 2019, 05:09:52 PM »
Sadly, after years of abuse (and great fun!), my clutch hand is growing increasingly arthritic and is threatening to reduce the enjoyment of riding this wonderful bike. The quick shifter is wonderful on the open road but, unfortunately, I've a fair bit of heavy urban traffic to navigate before I can get there...

I'm looking for a larger aftermarket slave cylinder or perhaps lighter clutch springs (there are just three springs on this model). I am aware that Oberon and others make aftermarket slave cylinders and clutch springs (not sure if they're actually lighter spec) for other year and model Multistradas, but do not currently indicate anything for this one.

I realize it's early days with this model but, does anyone know of specific solutions for the 950S?

Cheers,
Doug

Offline YoungF

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: 950S & Old Bess
  • Town / City: North Yorkshire
Re: Looking for lighter clutch pull on 2019 950S
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 11:34:57 AM »
Hi Doug

Not sure if this will help you but I have fitted Evotech Performance levers on my 950S and they have made both the clutch and brake lever easier to reach/apply.

YoungF

Offline greyghost

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Town / City: Bay Area
Re: Looking for lighter clutch pull on 2019 950S
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 06:18:25 AM »
OK, for others who may wish to follow this route... I swapped out the oem clutch slave cylinder with a Ducabike AF05D slave cylinder, and the clutch pull is significantly reduced. Straightforward install, no other issues to report other than lighter pull.  :002:

Cheers,
Doug