Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fitting a topbox  (Read 1640 times)

Offline rcf2

• MTS 950 Member
  • Town / City: porto alegre
Re: Fitting a topbox
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2019, 03:55:49 PM »
I'm using Shad mounting and topbox, solid, good quality and nice looking.

Offline ZiggyCol

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950 (Red)
  • Town / City: Harrogate
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2019, 12:23:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Desmofonso [+]
The Original Ducati Top Box is made by GIvi, and the lock system is the Monokey. So, you can buy the orignal rack parts as "spare parts" in any Ducati seller. The list of parts below, and for the mounting manual search "Top Case Assembly Instructions 96780582A".

:460: Thanks for this info - really useful. I already have a Givi Monokey topbox and was looking for a way to get the Ducati rack without their topbox.
Life is not a rehearsal . . .

Offline ajy1w

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950 / HDFXR
  • Town / City: Maplewood
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2019, 01:51:40 PM »
I like the shad 58/59 but sold out in the states.  I always liked the hepco Becker cases, so I am trying a Gobi.  I have the Ducati panniers. 
I prefer the look of this and look of the mount when box is not on the bike. 
Cons > manufacturer rated to 130klm or 80mph
The Ducati Top case is rated at 111mph > but I dont like the mount.   
Vanity or Speed > I will always take speed first
So I will let you is the Gobi flys or falls off :008:  :745:

Life behind bars enjoy the ride

Offline briantheb

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: M/S 950 Touring
  • Town / City: Stirling
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2019, 04:55:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Desmofonso [+]
....So, you can buy the orignal rack parts as "spare parts" in any Ducati seller...
... and for the mounting manual search "Top Case Assembly Instructions 96780582A"
Bike was in for its 18k service and got the Ducati rack system from Ducati Leeds for a great price as some of the fastenings were missing but replacements will be sent to me in the next couple of days.
Service cost less than 600 and the Rack 200 so cost less than I thought the service could cost 👍🏻
Full of enthusiasm - in all the wrong places

Offline Ian_H

• MTS 950 Member
  • Town / City: Amersham
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2019, 03:19:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mikey B [+]
I have also been looking for a top box for my 950. Have found a frame from Shad.

https://www.shad.co.uk/product/5137/ducati-multistrada-950-1200-1260-enduro-top-box-fitting-kit

From their website, it states all top boxes come with a mounting plate. Anybody used these before.

I'm going to try resurrecting this thread as the Shad rack + boxes look pretty good ...

Rack: https://www.shad.co.uk/product/5137/ducati-multistrada-950-1200-1260-enduro-top-box-fitting-kit

Box: https://www.shad.co.uk/product/5103/shad-sh46-top-box

Online ducati_al

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS 950 - Red
  • Town / City: Crowborough
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2019, 04:12:40 PM »
I can second the fact that the SHAD SH36 panniers are also good, and will fit a full face helmet in BOTH sides, not just one as per OEM panniers.  I had a set on my Tracer, before buying the Multistrada.

Offline leodesmo

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Bike: Multistrada 950S
  • Town / City: The Hague
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2019, 07:36:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by ducati_al [+]
Hello BrianB.  As you may know the Ducati top box plate comes with the official Ducati top box, which is not cheap.  It's not officially available separately (I wonder why that is  :232:) so unless you can find someone selling the OEM version second hand on a popular auction site or breakers, SW Motec is the only other option AFAIK.  Personally I don't like the SW Motec solution as it's clamp on, rather than bolt on, although I'm sure it will be fine as others seem to use it with no issue.  I went for the Ducati top box and rack for that reason but again, realise it's not going to be for everyone.  SW Motec do a great range of accessories for our Mutleys (I have their engine bars and handlebar satnav mount for example - both excellent).  Hope you get something sorted.

Hi, the full kit without the topbox, seems available - at least in Italy and the Netherlands https://store.ducatilodi.com/piastra-bauletto-originale-per-ducati-multistrada-1200-dvt-1260-950-enduro-disponibilita-in-8-gg-lavorativi.html . On this site is currently sold out, but 15 days ago it was available - I was late. I ordered it here locally to my dealer. I will use with it my Kappa 48 from the previous bike.
Cheers

Offline BabyD

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: Multi 950
  • Town / City: Buckinghamshire
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2019, 08:39:21 AM »
The genuine Ducati fitting kit ( everything except top box ) is available, the cost is around 210
If I had a second brain cell it would be so lonely......

Offline Ian_H

• MTS 950 Member
  • Town / City: Amersham
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2019, 11:55:41 AM »
I changed my mind on the Shad and ended up going for Givi E460N and a universal fitting plate.

Offline leodesmo

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Bike: Multistrada 950S
  • Town / City: The Hague
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2019, 09:12:53 PM »
Ian, Please could you post a close picture on how your GiVI plate connects to the original (short) Ducati plate? I have the old GiVi plate, almost identical to yours, but when I tried to join it to the bike I couldn't convince me that it would stay in place, especially with some weight into the topbox and at speed higher than 120km/h. On other forums I found discussions justifying why the original Ducati plate has the two additional metal supports that are missed in this GiVi-only solution.
Cheers