Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Curious GS owner...?  (Read 3914 times)

Offline Beitsta

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: Multistrada 950
  • Town / City: Cork
Re: Curious GS owner...?
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2019, 09:13:17 AM »
*Originally Posted by Julian [+]
Beitsa, where did you purchase that wind deflector? At that value maybe I will buy it just to test it.

Got it online from 'Wish' which is the Chinese equivalent of Amazon.
Beitsta

Offline Julian

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: MTS950S
  • Town / City: Bucharest
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2019, 10:09:50 AM »
Thank s!

Offline simonkraushaar

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: 950s Touring
  • Town / City: Amsterdam
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2019, 01:23:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by simonkraushaar [+]
hmm, tough question...and that alone should give me the answer..

I'd say it's a marginal increase...BUT one still worth making in my opinion.  I think it also gives the variability for changing conditions in future too.  The MRA screen on its own is cheaper than the puig+spacers, if that helps swing the decision ;-)

with more miles under the belt, I'd say it's actually considerably better than the puig sport.  But, as others mention, actual results may differ for all.  good luck!

Offline Beitsta

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: Multistrada 950
  • Town / City: Cork
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2019, 08:19:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Beitsta [+]
I know! I know! I've been sitting on the edge for quite awhile now - but am still unsure as to what screen to purchase!

I can get by with the original screen - but we all agree that the wind noise, buffeting and wind directed towards the chest area is not ideal!

To eliminate and to test fitting a taller or wind deflector type screen (e.g. MRA Vario touring with spoiler) I purchased a wind spoiler (deflector) from wish for 15 approx. (see photo)

You can see from the image that it is now fitted upside down as the correct fitting increased the height of the screen by 5/6 inches which meant that I had to look through the screen which I was unhappy with.

It certainly reduces (slightly) the wind noise and the wind to my face - but does nothing to reduce the buffeting when I am behind a van or a truck.

I am heading to Northern Ireland this weekend, so I will report further next week on it with different settings.

Is there any happy answer to this?

Having said all that, I travelled around the Beara Peninsula last Sunday including a run from Kenmare to Glengarriff over the Caha Pass and the bike was 'humming' - what a great afternoon! I wouldn't change it for the world - well ok, mabey for an 'S' model.

Ride safe everyone!

Update:

Traveled about 350 kilometers recently on the Motorway with the wind deflector in the position as seen in the image. Wind noise remained much the same (Schubert Concept 2 helmet 2008) - but buffeting was reduced by about 70%. The bike was very steady and really felt planted overtaking artic trucks even on bends!

For anyone thinking about changing screens to reduce buffeting then consider this unit first.
Beitsta