Multistrada 950

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Footpeg rubber insert  (Read 1620 times)

Offline wighty

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Town / City: Ryde
Footpeg rubber insert
« on: August 04, 2019, 10:15:04 AM »
I took the bike out for a ride the other day to try out a new pair of boots (for me, not the bike), and when I got home discovered the the rubber insert on the left footpeg was missing. I'm not sure if this is a common issue or I'm particularly clumsy. I didn't notice any difference in feel, possibly because the new boots have fairly thick soles, so am wondering whether to replace the insert or just remove the other one?

Offline hawaiianbrian

• MTS 950 Member
  • Bike: MTS 950
  • Town / City: Roi Et
Re: Footpeg rubber insert
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 10:34:08 AM »
Same thing happened to me, I just removed the other one. Don't feel any vibration through the foot pegs without them anyhow.

Offline wighty

• MTS 950 Junior
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 11:35:57 AM »
Thanks, I think I'll do the same  :002:

Offline buzzardbilly

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Town / City: Gloucester
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 01:48:56 PM »
wighty - it is a known and recorded problem but I am happy to say it has not happened to me (yet) in 9k miles of riding . I think if you just catch it wrongly it will dislodge it without too much trouble - you might even find it better without it when reaching for the back brake

Under a fiver for a new one though - which ain't too bad . You lost the wrong one as the right hand one appears cheaper for some reason
https://www.bike-parts-ducati.com/ducati-motorcycle/Multistrada/2017/Multistrada_950_Touring/Multistrada-950-Touring/LEFT-FOOTRESTS/300/44/0/300

Offline wighty

• MTS 950 Junior
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 02:34:52 PM »
It's nice to know I'm not the only one  :002:
I was thinking it could help with operating the back brake, which seems to be taking a while to bed in. My last bike was a BMW RT with servo brakes, so this is very different.

Offline briantheb

• MTS 950 Pro
  • Bike: M/S 950 Touring
  • Town / City: Stirling
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 10:44:47 PM »
I swooped front runners with the rear ones which are slightly thinner giving marginally more leg room - not lost one so far 👍🏻
Full of enthusiasm - in all the wrong places

Offline wighty

• MTS 950 Junior
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 10:18:10 AM »
That's a good idea Briantheb, I'll try that too :)

Offline smack

• MTS 950 Junior
  • Town / City: Forster
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 07:51:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by briantheb [+]
I swopped front runners with the rear ones which are slightly thinner giving marginally more leg room - not lost one so far 👍🏻

I did the same. I bought the enduro pack with the pegs with no rubber. Didn't like them so swapped back to stock, then put rear rubbers on front. Much better access to rear brake.

Offline wighty

• MTS 950 Junior
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 09:17:51 AM »
Thanks smack. This forum is a mine of information. I wasn't sure whether to ask the question, but so pleased now that I did !