Author Topic: Has anybody considered Bridgestones?  (Read 784 times)

• Offline Paul_Smith   ie

• MTS 950 Member  ‐    59

Offline Paul_Smith

• MTS 950 Member
    • Bike: Versys 1000
    • Town / City: Roscommon
    Has anybody considered Bridgestones?
    on: January 26, 2021, 12:58:56 pm
    January 26, 2021, 12:58:56 pm
    I have noticed a wide range of tyre choices being talked about including plenty of road only sport-touring rubber, but I was quite surprised to see no mention of Bridgestones. Is there a reason for that? I have been using their sport-touring tyres for years now on previous bikes (Kawasaki, Yamaha and Aprillia) and have always found them excellent so I was half hoping I could go with what I know. I have no interest in or intention of going off-roading so I was planning on changing out the OEM tyres early for ones better suited to Irish roads where cold and damp conditions are common and where I know the Bridgestones excel. 

• Online Wassers   gb

Online Wassers

• MTS 950 God
    • Bike: 950S+Speed Twin
    • Town / City: Berkshire
    Re: Has anybody considered Bridgestones?
    Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 02:41:51 pm
    January 26, 2021, 02:41:51 pm
    Due to the front tyre being 19" I think you may struggle to get a Bridgestone  :084: I could be wrong though!

The stock Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tyres are not bad though.... I wouldn't rush in to changing them and I am still using them on my 950S.

When the time comes for new rubber, most of us have changed to different tyres though to experiment and try to find something even better.
    Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight

• Offline buzzardbilly   gb

Offline buzzardbilly

• MTS 950 Pro
    • Town / City: Gloucester
    Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 07:54:18 pm
    January 26, 2021, 07:54:18 pm
    Paul, Like you I have been a fan of Bridgeston Battlax on previous Japenese bikes but for the Multi I agree with Wassers comments and I think the majority of users on this Forum think the stock Pirelli tyres are pretty good for road use. I still use them and have toured on the sorts of roads and conditions you intend to use (Ireland ,Scotland and Wales) and never felt uncomfortable on them . And, unless you ride like a hooligan, you will get significant of miles out of them

The only other tyre that appears better for our sort of road use is the Metzeler Roadtec - plenty of comments on the forum about these

Offline Paul_Smith

• MTS 950 Member
    Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 10:48:28 pm
    January 26, 2021, 10:48:28 pm
    Bridgestone say they offer the T31 in for the MTS 950 (https://www.bridgestone.ie/moto/battlax/search-by-vehicle/). "We recommend the BATTLAX T31 for your DUCATI Multistrada 950 (Front tyre: 120/ 70 19 60W Rear tyre: 170/ 60 17 72W)". They don't offer the T32 yet but that was only launched last October.

I suppose my question was more about whether people had a reason to not use Bridgestones on Ducatis rather if no one had got around to trying them yet. 

• Offline motorman   us

Offline motorman

• MTS 950 Pro
    • Bike: MTS 950
    • Town / City: San Antonio
    Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 08:18:10 am
    February 18, 2021, 08:18:10 am
    The Bridestones don't seem to have the same grip and do not give the same confidence as the Pirelli's. 

Offline Paul_Smith

• MTS 950 Member
    Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 12:02:20 am
    February 20, 2021, 12:02:20 am
    If you have tried both on the same bike then I would say that was very high praise for the Pirelli's. I have always found the T3x series from Bridgestone to provide very good confidence, especially when the roads are cold and damp as is so often the case in Ireland.