Multistrada 950 Photos

Author Topic: Eyes wide open  (Read 230 times)

• Offline EftanD   gb

• MTS 950 Member  ‐    44

Offline EftanD

• MTS 950 Member
    • Bike: Multistrada 950
    • Town / City: Burnley
    Eyes wide open
    on: March 17, 2021, 04:21:05 pm
    March 17, 2021, 04:21:05 pm
    In the just and honourable cause of Stradisti I will be trying out the new Oxford Hinterland kit laterr this week/next week. Feedback will be forth (or third) coming when i receive the delivery and have ridden a few miles in it.

• Offline EftanD   gb

• MTS 950 Member  ‐    44

Offline EftanD

• MTS 950 Member
    • Bike: Multistrada 950
    • Town / City: Burnley
    Re: Eyes wide open
    Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 10:07:09 am
    March 19, 2021, 10:07:09 am
    Took delivery yesterday. Jacket is good, on a par with many more expensive laminated jackets. Needs a back protector and may benefit from L2 shoulder and elbow armour. The Oxford armour seems a little stiff and " first edition ". My initial thought will be to remove the armour and wear my knox shirt underneath. Bringing me to problem 2, the armour is very inaccessible and after trying a L2 back protector it did not fit well in the back pouch. Those niggles aside for the money it seems like it will be warm dry and windproof.
    The trousers on the other hand, while adequate enough not return and sharing the Hinterland name do not seem as well constructed. Worryingly they do not carry any CE rating tags (the jacket is AA) the lining is apparently not removeable and although they have their own braces they only just fit. Again perhaps they will prove better in the wearing. Armour is again the disappointing oxford own brand armadillo l1 they material does not look or feel like the jacket so I worry about their functionality, may try them in the shower before risking real rain.. My intial thoughts are to use my AAA Bullit jeans with the jacket  since they are at least certified water resistant and have a safety rating.  I will update after a trip out.

rage-intracellular