• Town / City: Woodbridge

• Offline opmike   us

• MTS 950 Member  ‐    23

Offline opmike

• MTS 950 Member
    Re: End cans
    Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 10:45:49 pm
    July 28, 2021, 10:45:49 pm
    Keep in mind that most of the muffling is happening down in the catalytic converter, so aftermarket endcans don't do much to wake up the sound. Something to factor in before you pay the crazy amount of money some of these companies are charging for an endcan.

• Offline Paulel   gb

• MTS 950 Member  ‐    36

Offline Paulel

• MTS 950 Member
    • Bike: 950 S
    • Town / City: Woodbridge
    Re: End cans
    Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 10:25:51 am
    July 29, 2021, 10:25:51 am
    Thanks for the response Mike. Youíre right of course, and normally I wouldnít bother as Ducati are pretty good at producing a decent sound within the limits but it seems like the men in suits have beaten them this time. I bought a 2018 950 earlier this year and loved it so much that I knew, almost from the beginning, that I would be getting an S. So I test rode one a few weeks ago and it was everything I was expecting and more. There was one thing that almost stopped me buying it though, and that was the sound. Itís euro 5 (I think) as opposed to the euro 4 of my last bike. Itís not just that itís not very loud, it just sounds weedy! Oh well, I guess I will just have to get used to it and enjoy the bike because, in every other respect, itís the best bike Iíve ever owned.
    Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 10:28:10 am by Paulel