Author Topic: Machine Noise  (Read 1317 times)

• Offline opmike   us

• MTS 950 Member  ‐    20

Offline opmike

• MTS 950 Member
    Re: Machine Noise
    Reply #10 on: August 23, 2021, 05:35:10 am
    August 23, 2021, 05:35:10 am
    I doubt if it's a wear issue. I think it's more likely it's a tolerance/clearance issue as nothing there should be wearing at such low mileage and everything is more or less "fixed" into the place by the orange nut on your diagram. My bike has basically been doing it since day 1. It's a little louder now than when I first picked it up, but the sound plateau'd at around 800 miles and hasn't increased or decreased for about 1,000 miles.

Next time you have your cover off and without the bike running obviously, flick the washer (Part #5) with your fingernail and you'll notice it rings at the same tone/frequency as the sound heard with the engine running. It's like a tiny little cymbal.

• Offline DucatiMike   au

• MTS 950 Junior  ‐    3

Offline DucatiMike

• MTS 950 Junior
    • Town / City: ORANGE
    Re: Machine Noise
    Reply #11 on: November 27, 2021, 03:54:39 am
    November 27, 2021, 03:54:39 am
    Hey fellas,

I only recently got a 2021 950s and noticed this noise.   Now I've tuned into it I can't not hear it.  Have you guys learnt to live with it or moved the bike on?

I trailered the bike 300km for the closest service place to listen to it and they pulled out a new one, started it up and it does it as well...so I was like...argh.

Pretty disappointed

rage-intracellular