Author Would be V2s buyer  (Read 617 times)

• Offline Beano   gb

• MTS 950 Junior  ‐    8

Offline Beano

• MTS 950 Junior
    • Town / City: Coventry
    Re: Would be V2s buyer
    Reply #10 on: May 10, 2022, 10:30:51 pm
    May 10, 2022, 10:30:51 pm
    Pretty much echo Burnsey.
    I’d certainly have the centre stand and the heated grips. Maybe a tracker instead of an alarm. I’d go for BikeTrac rather than Datatool (I’ve had both). The spiked wheels may look like you mean business but they are 5kgs heavier…..and tougher to clean.
    And you have to have a rad guard from the moment you ride it out the showroom - or very soon after.
    I already had a RAM Mount for my satnav so I have it fixed to the handlebars. Not as good as the Ducati or Iconic Parts mount above the dash. I’ve fitted Barkbuster guards for some extra protection for the hand guards with built-in indicators.

• Offline Paul_Smith   ie

Offline Paul_Smith

• MTS 950 Pro
    • Bike: Versys 1000
    • Town / City: Roscommon
    Reply #11 on: May 11, 2022, 01:17:30 pm
    May 11, 2022, 01:17:30 pm
    Don't bother with the multimedia, it is only for controlling your music from the bars (wtf?). If you want Android Auto or similar, get a phone mount and a cheap 2nd phone. I am using Quadlock and an Galaxy A32 I had lying around. It's good but not perfect. Spoked wheels are definitely better if you intend to do a lot of serious off road but if that is  your buzz, then can I suggest a second hand KLR650 for about the same price as the spoked wheels?

• Offline Squirrelly   gb

• MTS 950 Junior  ‐    6

Offline Squirrelly

• MTS 950 Junior
    • Town / City: Chester
    Reply #12 on: May 12, 2022, 06:51:55 pm
    May 12, 2022, 06:51:55 pm
    Mixed...

Mixed is how best to describe my test ride on the V2s today around the Forest of Bowland.
    It's fast,  really fast and it handles beautifully... but the ergonomics of it just didn't gel with me.

Someone from a sports bike background would disagree with me I've no doubt, but for me from an exclusively 'adventure' or big trail bike as they were called in my day background I had the following issues.

The foot pegs are too small,  the side stand is too short for my leg length needing a huge heave to get it upright on anything but a flat surface.   This bike is really top heavy.
    I only have a 31" inseam but the seat to peg distance seemed really cramped to me?
    The screen on the higher setting was 'in your face' too close and on the lower setting was really noisy.

I'm glad I had a test ride as I really wanted one,  but in reallity it's not for me.  Sorry.

• Offline Burnsey   gb

• MTS 950 Member  ‐    15

Offline Burnsey

• MTS 950 Member
    • Bike: 950s
    • Town / City: North West UK
    Reply #13 on: May 12, 2022, 07:01:08 pm
    May 12, 2022, 07:01:08 pm
    *Originally Posted by Squirrelly [+]
    Mixed...

Mixed is how best to describe my test ride on the V2s today around the Forest of Bowland.
    It's fast,  really fast and it handles beautifully... but the ergonomics of it just didn't gel with me.

Someone from a sports bike background would disagree with me I've no doubt, but for me from an exclusively 'adventure' or big trail bike as they were called in my day background I had the following issues.

The foot pegs are too small,  the side stand is too short for my leg length needing a huge heave to get it upright on anything but a flat surface.   This bike is really top heavy.
    I only have a 31" inseam but the seat to peg distance seemed really cramped to me?
    The screen on the higher setting was 'in your face' too close and on the lower setting was really noisy.

I'm glad I had a test ride as I really wanted one,  but in reallity it's not for me.  Sorry.

That's why we should test ride - 100%.

Now, the following is about my 950s and I've only ridden a V2s for an hour, so take of it what you can...

I'm 5'9", with a 30" inseam and find the seat to peg position weirdly close, however, I tested the position on a 1,000 mile three day bimble around Wales and it just worked. Plus, that was on a low seat, which I didn't realise and the dealer swapped that back to standard for me. The V2s seat however, is narrower, so the gap reduces slightly from the 950.

Swapped out to a low screen, as I had a Rallye screen on my last few GS and prefer it and again, it worked.

Not had any side stand issues.

All in all, I want a change, so after my own test ride, as short as it was, decided to go balls out for a Pikes Peak, which does change the ergonomics quite a bit.

May have been an idea to take the V4s out?

Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 07:21:44 pm by Burnsey

• Offline Squirrelly   gb

• MTS 950 Junior  ‐    6

Offline Squirrelly

• MTS 950 Junior
    • Town / City: Chester
    Reply #14 on: May 12, 2022, 07:30:18 pm
    May 12, 2022, 07:30:18 pm
    I sat on a  V4 in Woods in Abergele,  It was way too tall for me and most of its power would remain in the bank as I wouldn't use it .    Good luck with yours!

I think I may stay with the Africa Twin and look at a 2022.  It has all the toys of the top spec V2 plus a blingy wide screen TV with Android Auto and Apple Car Play.  And the ergonomics just suit me.

• Offline Burnsey   gb

• MTS 950 Member  ‐    15

Offline Burnsey

• MTS 950 Member
    • Bike: 950s
    • Town / City: North West UK
    Reply #15 on: May 12, 2022, 07:33:26 pm
    May 12, 2022, 07:33:26 pm
    I sat on a  V4 in Woods in Abergele,  It was way too tall for me and most of its power would remain in the bank as I wouldn't use it .    Good luck with yours!

I think I may stay with the Africa Twin and look at a 2022.  It has all the toys of the top spec V2 plus a blingy wide screen TV with Android Auto and Apple Car Play.  And the ergonomics just suit me.

Weird aren't we - I find the AT too tall  :001:

With a single rider/single rider with luggage on the right seat setting, the V4 worked for me and find the bikes way better at slow speeds to move about than the GS, but I do miss that shaft drive, just not enough to go back...

We gotta try these things!

• Offline Ian C.   gb

• MTS 950 Member  ‐    10

Offline Ian C.

• MTS 950 Member
    • Town / City: Swadlincote
    Reply #16 on: May 13, 2022, 05:52:14 pm
    May 13, 2022, 05:52:14 pm
    Thanks for the helpful replies.

I've been in touch with a dealer recommended by Burnsey and have been possibly quoted a much earlier build/delivery date .
    I'm having a test ride there on Thursday.  :001:

If... I decide to buy I'm looking at a few ticks in the bling catalogue so opinions would be helpful on...
    1. Centre stand?
    2. Heated grips?
    3. Ducati Multimedia - does is have Android Auto etc?
    4. Alarm - but this seems to have disappeared from the online configurator?
    5. Spoked wheels.   Do you still get the original alloys in with the price?  My thinking is to re-fit the alloys at the next trade in and ebay the spokes IF this is the case?

Thanks.

I was lucky & collected my Multistrada V2s travel on March 2nd. The centre stand is very useful, the heated grips work but I'd like them to be a bit hotter. I'd recommend fitting the Evo-Tec oil cooler, rad & engine guards. They look good and give you piece of mind knowing they are protected. I also fitted the Evo-Tec satnav mount so it sits above the clocks. I bought the Zumo XT & hard wired it into the switched live connection behind the left hand black fairing panel. This is all I've done to my V2s other than having a tracker fitted by the dealer. I can confidently say this is the most comfy bike I've owned & riding it is a pleasure!!

• Online Bear   gb

• MTS 950 Member  ‐    35

Online Bear

• MTS 950 Member
    • Bike: 950S / R1250GS
    • Town / City: Cheshire
    Reply #17 on: May 13, 2022, 09:50:22 pm
    May 13, 2022, 09:50:22 pm
    Mixed...

I also have a 31" inseam. On my 950S the seat to peg is adequate and I have done many long day rides without any issues - unlike plenty of other bikes I could mention. I notice they reduced the seat height on the V2 (by reducing the padding/profile of the seat, rather than anything structural). Maybe that caused the problem and you'd get on better with a 950?

The issue with the screen being "in your face" was something I noticed at first, but I have become used to it athough swapping between my GS and the Multi still takes a moment of re-adjustment - in both directions.

• Offline Desperado   ch

• MTS 950 Junior  ‐    3

Offline Desperado

• MTS 950 Junior
    • Town / City: Neuchâtel
    Reply #18 on: May 14, 2022, 05:35:13 pm
    May 14, 2022, 05:35:13 pm
    2 weeks ago I bought a plain simple 2017 950, because I tried the brand new V2S and apparently I'm weird,
    but did not like the suspensions nor the engine bite with Euro5, but I also own a 2013 streetfigther 848, so
    I guess that's why.

The ergonomics are quite different between the 950 and V2, If I was you I would just try the 950, I personnaly
    find it more comfy, you might want to look at the SW motech heigh adjustable Ion pegs (-15mm), would help
    and they are huge.

As for the top heavynes, you'd just want a few clicks of rebound, also note that my 950 stock and most of these
    S models have too much preload on the rear, the sag was not good at all for my 75Kg so it was too high, another
    reason in my opinion not to get a S.

Funny thing I owned 2 of the same bikes as you, a 2017 CRF1000 that I rode 36'000km and then it almost died
    on me, it was awfull, I then bought a Tiger 800 XRT that just after a while lacked a bit of oomph, I do still ride
    twisties like a maniac.
    To me, the 950 is more comfy and better long distance even than the Tiger, when suspensions are dialed it's not
    as top heavy as the AT or Tiger were and even if both managed twisties, the 950 is a lean beast in comparison !

I have the center stand but don't care, I use a cobrra 2 oiler for years, no fuss, but the Ducati heating grips are
    better than the triumphs were, pretty good, I'd advise for the fog lights, because the 950 high beam is quite
    weird, and being seen better is no luxury.

Btw I've done 1500km in 2 weekends, so this bike is awesome in my book !

• Offline Mikey   gb

• MTS 950 Member  ‐    22

Offline Mikey

• MTS 950 Member
    • Town / City: Bridgend
    Reply #19 on: May 16, 2022, 10:31:33 am
    May 16, 2022, 10:31:33 am
    Coming to this late. I’ve got a 2019 950s which has done stupidly low miles. I’ve been for a Ride on a BMW X-R1000 but decided it’s not for me. Should I try a V2 or get my moneys worth from what I’ve got?

rage-intracellular