Author Topic: 600 mile service  (Read 3952 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline Paultheplumber   england

    • MTS 950 Member  ‐    33
    • **

    Offline Paultheplumber

    • MTS 950 Member
    • **
    • Posts: 33
    • Country: england
    • Town / City: Stratford-upon-Avon
    600 mile service
    on: April 17, 2018, 09:23:50 pm
    April 17, 2018, 09:23:50 pm
    Evening All
    Quick question I have reached my 600 miles now but canít get the bike serviced for two weeks. As the weather is gong to be nice this week would I be okay to go over this mileage? Say to about 760 miles

  • Offline Murf46   gb

      #1

    Offline Murf46

    • MTS 950 God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1099
    • Country: gb
    • Town / City: newcastle upon tyne
    Re: 600 mile service
    Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 09:46:34 pm
    April 17, 2018, 09:46:34 pm
    Don't worry about it mate
    Mine had done over 700
    Red or dead

  • Offline thenozzle   gb

      #2

    Offline thenozzle

    • MTS 950 Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 852
    • Country: gb
    • Town / City: Cheshunt / Herts
    Re: 600 mile service
    Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 09:49:12 pm
    April 17, 2018, 09:49:12 pm
    Yeah you should be ok just keep the same speeds and revs ,
      You can alway phone your dealer tomorrow and double check  :305:

  • Offline Beitsta   ie

      #3

    Offline Beitsta

    • MTS 950 Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 331
    • Country: ie
    • Bike: Multistrada 950
    • Town / City: Cork
    Re: 600 mile service
    Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 10:49:25 pm
    April 17, 2018, 10:49:25 pm
    *Originally Posted by Paultheplumber [+]
    Evening All
    Quick question I have reached my 600 miles now but canít get the bike serviced for two weeks. As the weather is gong to be nice this week would I be okay to go over this mileage? Say to about 760 miles

    No issues Paultheplumber!

    My dealer told me to drive on at 'run-in' speeds as we waited for the weather to improve (last January).
    Beitsta

  • Offline Murf46   gb

      #4

    Offline Murf46

    • MTS 950 God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1099
    • Country: gb
    • Town / City: newcastle upon tyne
    Re: 600 mile service
    Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 08:07:54 am
    April 18, 2018, 08:07:54 am
    *Originally Posted by Beitsta [+]
    No issues Paultheplumber!

    My dealer told me to drive on at 'run-in' speeds as we waited for the weather to improve (last January).

    Yeh right you did  :001: :007:
    Red or dead

  • Offline Souper07   us

    • MTS 950 Junior  ‐    4
    • *
      #5

    Offline Souper07

    • MTS 950 Junior
    • *
    • Posts: 4
    • Country: us
    • Town / City: Spokane
    Re: 600 mile service
    Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 07:23:01 pm
    September 07, 2018, 07:23:01 pm
    I know this topic is a bit old but to anyone else having this issue, the first "service" is basically just an oil change to get the metal bits out of your oil. My dealer told me i would have to wait 3 weeks for my 600mi service so I just bought an oil change kit from them and did it myself @ 666miles.  Take it into the dealership when you can but tell them you already did the oil.  There are plenty of youtube videos showing you how to do the oil change yourself, it is very easy.

  • Offline buzzardbilly   gb

      #6

    Offline buzzardbilly

    • MTS 950 Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 277
    • Country: gb
    • Town / City: Gloucester
    Re: 600 mile service
    Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 09:06:17 am
    September 08, 2018, 09:06:17 am
    Thanks for the info Souper07 - I think we all tend to use the dealer even if it takes time and is overpriced to ensure we maintain warranty cover during those first two critical years . Without an authorised service stamp in the book the dealers may play hard ball on any issues/claims

  • Offline Conman   gb

      #7

    Offline Conman

    • MTS 950 Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 486
    • Country: gb
    • Town / City: Stockport
    Re: 600 mile service
    Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 06:12:40 pm
    September 09, 2018, 06:12:40 pm
    *Originally Posted by Souper07 [+]
    I know this topic is a bit old but to anyone else having this issue, the first "service" is basically just an oil change to get the metal bits out of your oil. My dealer told me i would have to wait 3 weeks for my 600mi service so I just bought an oil change kit from them and did it myself @ 666miles.  Take it into the dealership when you can but tell them you already did the oil.  There are plenty of youtube videos showing you how to do the oil change yourself, it is very easy.

    That's good to know because I was thinking of changing my oil in-between the service schedule times. I think 9000 miles between oil changes is too much, mine did not feel or sound happy when it went in at 9000 miles. So at 13500 miles I'll give it a fresh charge.
    Anything more than two wheels is unnecessary.

  • Offline S-westerly   gb

    • MTS 950 Member  ‐    51
    • **
      #8

    Offline S-westerly

    • MTS 950 Member
    • **
    • Posts: 51
    • Country: gb
    • Bike: 950
    • Town / City: Gloucestershire
    Re: 600 mile service
    Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 08:43:07 pm
    September 12, 2018, 08:43:07 pm
    It seems to be the norm with Ducati dealers to require weeks notice for a service. Went to Bristol today and was told 2 weeks before it could be done. Booked it in but I'm in Portsmouth next week so I'll see if the dealer in Winchester can do it any earlier. Not very optimistic though.

  • Offline resovoir   gb

      #9

    Offline resovoir

    • MTS 950 Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 125
    • Country: gb
    • Town / City: Near Portsmouth
    Re: 600 mile service
    Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 07:40:11 am
    September 13, 2018, 07:40:11 am
    Do not forget there is a dealer in Alton who are nearly as close. Not used them but have visited and they look ok

     


    rage-intracellular